Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2006 3:39:30 PM EDT
I saw a thread the other day where a member, Brian Sain, was posting about www.americansnipers.org and the needs of the guys in Iraq. It really made me think about my own war, Desert Storm, and the stuff I needed then and the stuff I did not need. I spoke to Brian and I am going to try to maybe set an example. I am sending them my mint condition Leupold Vari-X III, 3.5x10x40mm, M3 Matte 3/4 inch Mildot scope. It has been sitting on my Armalite NM for five years really doing nothing. I even have the original box and this is a like new scope. I also have .308 knobs, great rings, Butler Creek covers. You know folks we really do need to try to what ever we can to help the guys over there and I know many members are either there, back from there, or going over there. I am going to the Texas State Rifle Association Sportsman Spectacular next weekend and I am going to print some of theAmerican Sniper brochures so the wife and I can hand them out at the entrance to the show. Even if only 10 people actually donate moeny or gear, it could help save a life or in some way make a real difference.

Anyway, I thought I would share this with ya'll and maybe someone wants to match me?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:45:23 PM EDT
[#1]
That's a great gift of you sir!

My hat's off to you!  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 4:57:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn, Dude!  Good on ya!  When I was in Nam all I wanted was for someone to send me some Kool Aid to kill the taste of the shitty watter.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:17:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the support and note gents. I drive around Dallas and what to yell at all the fat happy people that THERE IS A WAR ON! I sometimes lose sleep thinking about what it must be like in Iraq, especially since it is a low intensity war. My war was quick and very conventional. My platoon took 1 KIA and 1 WIA, so I know what it is like to take rounds, but this IED crap and guerilla war stuff is very different. I just want to to do something dammit. The scope was gift from the wife for a birthday, but she is true blue and supports the donation 100%. I really hope it goes to a squad or team that can really use and I take very good care of my gear so this not some used up piece of junk. It is an M3, not an M4, but I think it is every bit as good as anything that just came off the assembly line at Leupold.

For Virginians: The wife bought the scope at DeGoffs in Mechanicsville.

Semper Fidelis!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top