Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2002 4:20:11 AM EDT
Are they still saying war is not inevitable?

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/12/28/sproject.irq.navy/index.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 4:22:43 AM EDT
[#1]
The REAL sign is that they activated the Comfort.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 4:29:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The REAL sign is that they activated the Comfort.
View Quote

Well do tell...
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 4:57:08 AM EDT
[#3]
[b]USNS Comfort (III)[/b]

[img]http://www.kcatech.com/corpsman/ships/images/t_ah_20.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 5:34:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 5:50:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I wish the best to those who have to go in harm's way.  This one might get tough.

On a much less important note, I wish I had a bulk fuel tank out here on the farm.  Everybody ready for $2+ a gallon?
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 5:54:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A couple of LARGE NG Infantry units here in FL have been activated and are leaving to go there the first of January. Some FANG units have also been activated to go.
View Quote

Yeah, same here.  

It's the waiting that sucks...
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 9:30:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 10:36:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I wish the best to those who have to go in harm's way.  This one might get tough.

On a much less important note, I wish I had a bulk fuel tank out here on the farm.  Everybody ready for $2+ a gallon?
View Quote

While this may sound imperialistic or whatever, if we do IRAQ right, that will ENSURE our gas prices for years to come will be on oar of what they are today.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 10:38:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Invade the country that might one day have them, is cooperating with the UN (only mostly perhaps), and hasn't threatened. Ignore the country that threatens to use what we know they have, and is kicking out the UN.

Something's a little off kilter there.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 5:35:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 5:49:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Invade the country that might one day have them, is cooperating with the UN (only mostly perhaps), and hasn't threatened. Ignore the country that threatens to use what we know they have, and is kicking out the UN.

View Quote

Seems rational to me.  Would you want to invade a country with nukes? Of course not.  You'd get nuked.  That's the reason NK and Iraq are building them; to deter a US invasion.  Cuba brought in Soviet nukes for the same reason....both strategic and tactical nukes.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 7:15:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
While this may sound imperialistic or whatever, if we do IRAQ right, that will ENSURE our gas prices for years to come will be on oar of what they are today.
View Quote

Yes, it is very imperialistic, but just the same, that is not what we will do. Dick Chaney has stated that oil prices shouldn't drop below a certain point, and if we do invade Iraq for oil, prices will rise, and then stay high so that the companies in Iraq will get tons of profits, while hurting the consumers here.

Quoted:
Seems rational to me.  Would you want to invade a country with nukes? Of course not.  You'd get nuked.  That's the reason NK and Iraq are building them; to deter a US invasion.  Cuba brought in Soviet nukes for the same reason....both strategic and tactical nukes.
View Quote

So maybe instead of invading to stop the building of nukes, lets NOT, since they won't need them then. That is the danger of invading for nukes- it gives countries like Iran, Saudia Arabia and others the incentive to build nukes, and it makes a much more dangerous world.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 7:42:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

They are playing the Oriental version of Let's Make a Deal...we have lots of experience dealing w/them (and the Red Chinese).  They are "Rational" in the game they play. They are looking to negotiate w/us and kill us later.

Sadam is a proven psycho...Hell, he killed this daughters husband, gassed his countrymen, invaded 2 other countries.  He wants to kill us all now.

Kim is just starving and freezing his subjects to death.  Also, he has had nuclear weapons for years!
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 7:54:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quiet you guys! Loose lips sink ships.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 8:44:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Just talked with my son at Bragg, all that can be said is soon.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:13:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quiet you guys! Loose lips sink ships.
View Quote

Dont worry, nothing posted here that isnt in every major newspaper across the country.
View Quote

I was being sarcastic about some people here lately have gotten paranoid about letting out military secrets.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:52:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top