Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 7:07:10 AM EDT
Got this in my email. It sounds like a good idea.

Subject: Fun At Christmas!

I sent my card with a huge smile on my face knowing it was one of the best
$.37 I've spent this season!

Hey, wanna have some fun this CHRISTMAS?
Send the ACLU a CHRISTMAS CARD!
As they are working so very hard to get rid
of the CHRISTMAS part of this holiday,
we should all send them a nice, CHRISTIAN,
card to brighten up their dark, sad, little world.

Here's the Address:

ACLU
"Wishing You Merry Christmas"
125 Broad Street
18th Floor
New York, NY 10004

Two tons of Christmas cards would freeze their operations
because they wouldn't know if any were regular mail containing
contributions..

So spend 37 cents and tell the ACLU to leave
Christmas alone. NOW, go get your envelope and do it before you
forward this to EVERYONE is your address book. . . .do it BEFORE the postal
rates go up in Jan. and save yourself 2 cents.

Joe Davis

Chaplain

San Diego County Medical Examiner

Phone: 858-694-2818

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 7:53:14 AM EDT
[#1]
What a great idea! i'm gonna do it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:03:53 AM EDT
[#2]

If you want to spend your time and a stamp, why not do something useful and write your congressman about something you care about, as opposed to a pointless gesture that the ACLU would either: (1) appreciate, because lots of them are Christians who celebrate Christmas and would like a Christmas card, or (2) laugh at, because they have undoubtedly seen this email and it's just funny to think that someone would angrily send them a Christmas card, beliving that it somehow would make them angry or hurt them, or make some big political point.

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:03:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Glad to
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:09:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you want to spend your time and a stamp, why not do something useful and write your congressman about something you care about, as opposed to a pointless gesture that the ACLU would either: (1) appreciate, because lots of them are Christians who celebrate Christmas and would like a Christmas card, or (2) laugh at, because they have undoubtedly seen this email and it's just funny to think that someone would angrily send them a Christmas card, beliving that it somehow would make them angry or hurt them, or make some big political point.

Just what I would expect from a psychopolitician who is trying to protect his commie masters!

SBG
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 8:14:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Idea stolen from SteyrAUG...

Merry Christmas ACLU...Fire Mission...

And my idea had a 800 number and email contacts, thus saving you a stamp and card.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:09:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

And my idea had a 800 number and email contacts, thus saving you a stamp and card.

Ah Yes,  but this one has them spending time opening Christmas Cards.

They find no money and get a Christmas Greeting.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:11:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah Yes,  but this one has them spending time opening Christmas Cards.

They find no money and get a Christmas Greeting.

Diabolical.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't put "Wishing You Merry Christmas" on the address.  Might give them
the idea to sort thru them and not bother with those.

Instead try putting "Donation" on the address line.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:27:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just what I would expect from a psychopolitician who is trying to protect his commie masters!

SBG

DK-Prof.......your have to be kiddin right?!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:37:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

SBG

DK-Prof.......your have to be kiddin right?!

I'm pretty serious.  I honestly believe that the time would be MUCH better spent sending a letter to a congresscritter, as opposed to this kind of thing, that really won't make any "point" really.

I know lots of ACLU people who wish each other Merry Christmas, and getting a bunch of post-cards isn't going to make them cry, or rethink their stance on the 2nd amendement or anything.  

I'm just saying that I can think of better ways to use ones time.  This seems like a stunt that is mostly designed to make the SENDER of the card feel like they "did something" as opposed to actually accomplishing anything at all.

Just my opinion - I could be totally wrong.   I'm not telling anyone NOT to send a card - I'm just thinking it's kinda pointless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top