Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2003 4:44:01 PM EDT
was just checking out one of the Democrats that have announced there running for president. Does anyone from North Carolina know were he stands on 2nd Ammendment issues.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Heis a trial lawyer. Made millions suing people and companies.  Enough said
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 5:15:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Doesn't even know what it is.

He hasn't read the Constitution in years.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=2009

This should also tell a little bit.

From GOA Website

Voted Pro-Gun 3 times

Voted Anti-Gun 14 times

And he has only been in office for 4 yrs.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 5:41:58 PM EDT
[#3]
He's a Democrat and a trial lawyer.  Which means he's slightly less desirable than the hot, brown matter that from time to time exits the back end of my Black Lab.
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 5:48:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#5]
[url]www.vote-smart.org[/url].

He's rated at 100% by the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence and 18% by the GOA. The NRA hasn't rated him because he hasn't been up for re-election.

Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:30:58 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks guys i did not see anything on this website to give any real indication of were he stood on second ammendment. But what little i have seen of him, he is mr. Charm and the soccer moms will line up around the block to vote for him. He has the appeal to be very dangerous.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 8:35:35 AM EDT
[#7]
doesnt this guy have a show on TV where he talks to dead people?[;)]
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:33:38 AM EDT
[#8]
He was barely elected to the US Senate four years ago mainly because his opponent ran a horrible campaign.  Edwards got 51% of the vote.  

North Carolina is a pretty Republican state for the most part when it comes to national elections.  Klinton never won this state and Algore lost too.  Because of his liberal voting record, I think if he ran for Senate again and had a formidable opponent he would lose.  

George W is very popular in this state and he could beat Edwards here in a Presidential election. It will be interesting to see.  His big weakness is his complete lack of experience and his trial lawyer past.  

I know if it comes down to it me and everyone I know will be lining up to vote against Johnny Edwards.
Link Posted: 1/4/2003 9:52:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Well, unless GW really screws up, I doubt he would have a chance (of course, Edwards could get Perot to run interferance for him and that might squeeze him in).

To my limited knowlege, I believe him to be neutral waffeler at best concerning the 2nd amendment....and, he's definately a Limosine Liberal - gated community kind of guy......he want's to make life better for the little guy, so long as he gets paid real well and remains isolated from the dirty masses of  the middle class...

My guess is, If Hilliary doesnt screw things up for him in '08, he will be our next president from the democratic party.

just my .02

-HS
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 8:45:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Its too bad the dem's can't muster any better. It looks like the puppet, G.W., is starting to break some of his 'strings. That blockhead is beginning to talk on his own! Won't be long until the population dumps him. The gop will fix the next election, as they did the last, so he'll still get elected. Just hope he doesn't screw the working class too bad.
I'm going to change my voter registration to Democrat after I find the right candidate.
Bush, Chaney, Enron....Lockem' all up!
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:01:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't think that the sonofabitch is really running for President.  I think he is running for Vice-President.

All we need is an anti-gun lawyer in the White House.

Be afraid of Southeran Demoncrats.  They fool people and get all kinds of conservative and middle of the road people to vote for them.  Look at Carter and Clinton.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 9:06:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Its too bad the dem's can't muster any better. It looks like the puppet, G.W., is starting to break some of his 'strings. That blockhead is beginning to talk on his own! Won't be long until the population dumps him. The gop will fix the next election, as they did the last, so he'll still get elected. Just hope he doesn't screw the working class too bad.
I'm going to change my voter registration to Democrat after I find the right candidate.
Bush, Chaney, Enron....Lockem' all up!
View Quote

Anyone who votes Dem on a national election or a local Dem who's anti shouldn't be posting in a gun forum. Perhaps you should try over in Dumbasses Underground where they don't tolerate dissent & lock out the poster if they supply fresh air.

Link Posted: 1/5/2003 3:56:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Anyone who votes Dem on a national election or a local Dem who's anti shouldn't be posting in a gun forum. Perhaps you should try over in Dumbasses Underground where they don't tolerate dissent & lock out the poster if they supply fresh air.
View Quote

Are you a blind Republican? We need to rally behind ANY pro-gun Democrat Party presidential candidate in 2004. George W. Bush is NOT pro gun, he is a fascist. If you support an anti-gun Republican over a pro-gun Democrat you are a liability to the pro-gun cause.
Link Posted: 1/5/2003 10:19:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Are you a blind Republican? We need to rally behind ANY pro-gun Democrat Party presidential candidate in 2004.
View Quote

"Blind"? Hardly.

Pro-gun Dem Prez candidate? Name ONE?! There's not ONE out there nor will there ever again be one as long as the NY/CA liberals run the DNC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top