Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/3/2001 11:36:07 AM EDT
Anyone following this: The bill passed out of committee and is being placed on the calendar for the full Senate debate. This bill gives the Attorney General sole authority to "require any person who...is in possession of significant military equipment formerly owned by the Department of Defense to (A) demilitarize the equipment, (B) to have the equipment demilitarized by a third party; or (C) to return the eaquipment to the Federal Government for demilitarization." The Secretary of Defense has sole authority to designate any former military equipment he chooses to be destroyed. By definition, this bill requires the helicopters in the Aviation Heritage Museum to be destroyed as well as many of the vehicles owned by the Alaska Territorial Calvary. Your M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, 1911A1 pistol and 1903 Springfield are first on the list. Think about it. Your posession of these guns or a US military vehicle will make you subject to felony charges.... take it from there.... Looks like someone is trying to sneak one over on the American people while our attention is focused elsewhere.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 11:55:28 AM EDT
BTT on this...emailing my Senator now! THANKS Bulldog OUT
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:16:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bulldog1967: BTT on this...emailing my Senator now! THANKS Bulldog OUT
View Quote
I called the NRA and my Senator's office. Both expect this item to be stripped out in conference (between House and Senate). But... Keep calling your Senators!!! And the NRA-ILA!! (this is your chance to get some action for all those mailers you get)
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:20:50 PM EDT
Just emailed my senator, BTT [rail]
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:29:13 PM EDT
I called Senator Gramm's office today and let his staffer know how I felt. I refuse to give back my father's Korean service rifle. God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 12:37:46 PM EDT
Actually my M1 Carbines, M1 Garands and Trapdoor Springfield Rifle were formerly property of the US WAR Dept. Not the Department of Defense.
Link Posted: 10/3/2001 1:30:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/3/2001 1:27:08 PM EDT by QCMGR]
Originally Posted By Bostonterrier97: Actually my M1 Carbines, M1 Garands and Trapdoor Springfield Rifle were formerly property of the US WAR Dept. Not the Department of Defense.
View Quote
DoW = DoD.
Top Top