Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:23:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Truck driver probably said "fuck it, I am delivering my load regardless"
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:25:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Ha ha.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:41:12 AM EDT
[#3]
There's a very good chance that car driver earned that ride.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:45:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I was thinking the same thing.

But the trucker is an inkie, soooo...

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:58:37 AM EDT
[#5]
When assholes collide
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:02:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:13:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'd almost bet on it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:25:56 AM EDT
[#8]
New footage has been released.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:31:49 AM EDT
[#9]
But he was in his blind spot...
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:33:48 AM EDT
[#10]

So what round for semi that won't stop dragging you down the freeway?*

*Yes, this presupposes that the dragee, you, is otherwise innocent in the matter.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:20:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Driver was about to go over his drive time limit. Just wanted to get to the truck stop.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:28:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Well that's a new way to hit and run
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:38:27 AM EDT
[#13]
"Cajon pass"

That's the 15 from LA to Vegas. Yes, the car driver definitely earned that ride, and assholes most definitely collided that day.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:46:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Filthy Inkie and asshole meet = Profit
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:26:18 AM EDT
[#15]
I know he's there, fuck you, and fuck him.

this is what happens when marijuana is freely available to all.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:30:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I know he's there, fuck you, and fuck him.

this is what happens when marijuana is freely available to all.
View Quote
Pulling a tandem, I guarantee the trucker didn't even know he was there.

DURRrr, why u dragging him so far?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:33:51 AM EDT
[#17]
truck driver is probably high on meth
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:36:18 AM EDT
[#18]
when two angry virgin arfcommers collide? 
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:38:27 AM EDT
[#19]
My uncle pushed a little shit box car down a highway when he drove a dump truck.  The car cut him off and got hung up sideways across his bump.  He didnt know he was there.  All he saw was a bunch of smoke in his rear views and decided to pull over to see what was going on.   Thats when he discovered he picked up some additional cargo with one freaked out driver.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:51:18 AM EDT
[#20]
looks like he must have it that truck hard.

i'm labeling it a texting accident.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:07:17 AM EDT
[#21]
This is a common event in those russian car crash videos on Youtube.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:17:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This is a common event in those russian car crash videos on Youtube.
View Quote
These things happen.

Unless you have driven big trucks,  especially tandems.  Loaded he may not have felt much more than a bump when that car hit him.  If he was on a right hand curve he would likely not be able to see the parasite in his mirror.  Loaded going up hill?  hes probably already experiencing a bit of resistance and is just pouring on the coals to keep momentum without knowing that car is there.  

He should however have seen the smoke trailing behind him.  And should probably have noticed a list on the trailer in his right mirror.  

The car looks like he did a lane change right into the middle of the trailer and started to get drug.  I am having a hard time understanding how he got pinned on top of the tire of the trailer.  Unless the car driver stomped on his gas and the spin on his tire pulled his car into the space between the trailer and trailer tire and wedging it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:52:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The car looks like he did a lane change right into the middle of the trailer and started to get drug.  I am having a hard time understanding how he got pinned on top of the tire of the trailer.  Unless the car driver stomped on his gas and the spin on his tire pulled his car into the space between the trailer and trailer tire and wedging it.
View Quote
If the car hit that trailer tire from behind, doing any kind of speed, then the rotation of the trailer tire could have picked the car up and pulled it into the bottom of the trailer.  The hood and grill of the care are totally fucked - my guess is that the car bounced off something else - another car, a Jersey curb, something like that - and spun into the back of the truck where it got caught.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:56:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Pulling a tandem, I guarantee the trucker didn't even know he was there.

DURRrr, why u dragging him so far?
View Quote
He didn't wonder why he had to push the loud pedal down harder, to overcome the resistance of dragging that car?  Heaven forbid that he actually look in his mirror occasionally?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:04:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
when two angry virgin arfcommers collide? 
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:19:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
He didn't wonder why he had to push the loud pedal down harder, to overcome the resistance of dragging that car?  Heaven forbid that he actually look in his mirror occasionally?
View Quote
Thanks for lowering the collective IQ of the thread.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Probably tcrpe.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:54:43 AM EDT
[#28]
My uncle dragged someone "Clark Griswald" style for a dozen or so miles early one morning when he drove a truck. The guy in the car had fallen asleep and merged his car under the trailer. He was definitely wide awake when my uncle stopped.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:07:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

These things happen.

Unless you have driven big trucks,  especially tandems.  Loaded he may not have felt much more than a bump when that car hit him.  If he was on a right hand curve he would likely not be able to see the parasite in his mirror.  Loaded going up hill?  hes probably already experiencing a bit of resistance and is just pouring on the coals to keep momentum without knowing that car is there.  

He should however have seen the smoke trailing behind him.  And should probably have noticed a list on the trailer in his right mirror.  

View Quote
Alternate scenarios: Idjits in the car and truck change into the same lane at the same time. Or: Idjit in car was obstructing trucks merge, idjit in truck wasn't going to be denied.

Also note the car's horn was still working. And in use. So, wtf to that, truck idjit.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:34:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'd almost bet on it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'd almost bet on it.
Without video, I wouldn't bet against it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
looks like he must have it that truck hard.

i'm labeling it a texting accident.
View Quote
Yep, it sure looks like he drove his ass right up into his LR duals and the tires sucked the car right up between the rubber and trailer frame.

ETA, uphill loaded in a lower gear giving her the corn,  the truck wouldn't even feel the extra resistance of a small car like that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote
This!
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:04:51 PM EDT
[#33]
My Freightliner's dragging my bank account. New METAL radiator and A/C condenser.

Cajon Pass.....
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:17:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Maybe. On the other hand I can't count the number of times I've had to slam on my brakes or swerve out of the way when some trucker decided he wanted to occupy the same space as me and didn't give a fuck that I was already there.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:25:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Even in that sweeping right hand curve, he should have been able to see the left front of that car in his mirrors if they were properly adjusted. That's a fairly short tandem set, not like the Rocky Mountain doubles we drive around here. Like others have said though, he probably didn't feel it...that pass is pretty steep and he was going pretty slow anyway.

Had a friend in the Fire department work a fatal runaway truck incident on that pass many years ago. Driver hit the sand ramp at a very high speed and was not wearing a seat belt.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:29:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Maybe. On the other hand I can't count the number of times I've had to slam on my brakes or swerve out of the way when some trucker decided he wanted to occupy the same space as me and didn't give a fuck that I was already there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If it happens that often you are probably riding in their blind spots.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:28:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If it happens that often you are probably riding in their blind spots.
View Quote
It's called passing. I try to do it quickly, unlike truck drivers who try to pass another semi at a difference of 0.2 mph.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top