Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2011 6:34:18 PM EDT
A fellow I know was about to pull some new (old) preban mags out of their wrappers for a carbine course.  I think I have dissuaded him and talked him into using other mags.

So I've talked him into being willing to part with his preban mags to help out someone behind enemy lines.  So, if a person had a preban rifle, and plenty of preban mags, how do you go about sending it to a ban state?  Any particular things the seller needs to know or do?

Note, this is not a sale thread.  Please do not attempt to contact me about purchasing any preban items.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:38:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Uh, i thought you could always have 10+ round mags in FL (eta: dont quote me on that, i dont live in florida)

In kommiefornia, if you didnt own the 10+ round mags prior to the ban, youre out of luck.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#2]
If he wants to sell to someone in Ma. he has to verify the buyer has a Mass. LTC
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:44:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Are we talking about just mags, or a rifle and mags?

If it is just mags, put them in a box and send them; any legal ramifications are on the buyer. If it is a rifle and mags, the rifle has to go through an FFL.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:45:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Or just list them in E/E for him. I'm in MA and would love some preban mags.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:51:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A fellow I know was about to pull some new (old) preban mags out of their wrappers for a carbine course.  I think I have dissuaded him and talked him into using other mags.

So I've talked him into being willing to part with his preban mags to help out someone behind enemy lines.  So, if a person had a preban rifle, and plenty of preban mags, how do you go about sending it to a ban state?  Any particular things the seller needs to know or do?

Note, this is not a sale thread.  Please do not attempt to contact me about purchasing any preban items.

No special handling  here in NY we will offer you either a 1-1 trade or 2-1 trade on mags just for helping us out.
You pop then in the mail and we order you PMags or whatever....

You're in the clear even if you happen to send items to people in NYC as it is their responsibility to make sure they abide by local ordinances.

Preban lowers are always wanted as we can build them to any configuration we wish.

They can be sent to an FFL here in NY.

I'd buy someone a new lower from about any manufacturer to trade me a stripped pre september 1994 colt or bushy receiver.
I have a new little boy that I want to build his first AR while I still can!

To you it's a 17 plus year old lower, to us it's poking a finger in the eye of this oppressive state we live in!

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

For New York you just ship mags to the buyer.  Preban lower or rifle can either be direct shipped to the instate FFL or shipped through an FFL in your state of residence depending on how the receiving FFL does things.

If your friend is serious about helping those behind enemy lines he can post in the WTT preban lowers thread in the EE or do a WTT add and have PMAGs of his choice shipped direct to him in many cases as people are hard up for good  preban mags.

A lot of guys will trade a build lower for a stripped lower.  He can also go fair market value and get more.  Capitalism at its finest
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:59:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd trade my post ban lower for a preban in a heartbeat, and I'd add cash too. Living behind enemy lines isn't fun at all.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the clarification.  I'll see what I can do.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top