Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 5/9/2001 1:54:32 PM EDT
I realize if I decide to sell a firearm to someone out of state that I need to go through a FFL. But I don't know if I have to go to a FFL here and then have him send it to the buyers FFL? If so, how much do you usually have to pay to the sellers FFL? Same as a usual transfer fee? Thanks for answering stupid questions. guns762
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 2:15:48 PM EDT
unless you have a state law that said you have to go through an FFL on your end.just get a signed in ink copy of the buyers ffl and send away.mmk
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 6:42:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/9/2001 6:42:19 PM EDT by sf46]
Assuming that you do have a state law requiring going through an FFL to ship out of state, the answer to questions depends on the dealer. Some don't charge to send. Some make it the standard transfer fee. I've seen these fees run from $10 to $100 depending on how much of a rip-off artist you're dealing with. Call around and shop around for better rates. Some dealers will give you better rates over time when they see that you bring them a lot of business through transers, sells, or whatever.
Top Top