Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2006 6:59:35 PM EDT
Do I need a lawyer to draw one up?  Is there a downloadable "FSBO" sales contract I can do?  We own the house free and clear, no mortgage - just a simple "We are selling this for $xx with $xx in closing cost help, as-is, to __________________" sort of contract, but _______________ is getting a mortgage and I assume the mortgage company needs a proper contract.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Use the title company. You pay them to make sure it is done right.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:03:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Use the title company. You pay them to make sure it is done right.

I don't have a RE agent, and I assume the mortgage company is going to choose the title company, but the mortgage company won't do the mortgage until they have a sales contract.

I have found some online, though, that might work out.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:05:54 PM EDT
[#3]
You should choose the title company.......I always do.

Get the seller and buyer in the same place and get a contract signed and take that contract to your mortgage co.

I do it all the time.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Get the seller and buyer in the same place and get a contract signed and take that contract to your mortgage co.

I do it all the time.

I live in FL - house is in TN.  I am selling, buyer is buying.  Ergo, I don't have a mortgage company, the buyer does.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:11:20 PM EDT
[#5]
No title company I know will provide a contract, too much liability in it for them if the deal goes sideways.  Go to an office supply store or google one.  However those likely won't be specific enough to deal with any local or state laws/ requirements so take that into consideration.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:13:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do it all the time.

I live in FL - house is in TN.  I am selling, buyer is buying.  Ergo, I don't have a mortgage company, the buyer does.

It is why title companies get paid. It is what they do. of course they have other duties but a primary one is to ensure there is a valid contract between the parties. At least the ones here in Texas do this.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:19:28 PM EDT
[#7]
The public library.  No joke.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top