Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2006 5:51:56 PM EDT
Which way is the best?  I would like to hear from those of you who have done it both ways especially.  Would also like to hear from those that have sold a house period, and what your thoughts on the subject are.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:14:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Sold House 1 a few years ago (before the market took off) on my own. Glad I did because the Realtors said I would never get my asking price but I did. Saved myself some $$$$$ and actually sold it to someone moving in from out of state. It was basically a starter home and the price was under $200k.

Used a Realtor for House 2 about 1 year ago because the house I was trying to sell was probably one of the higher priced houses in the area so I figured I needed a broker to branch out. Also, I didn't think a buyer would be so quick to dish over $300k-$400K to someone selling a house on their own . To make a long story short, it actually sold to a local person and I got screwed BIG TIME by the realtor and it was one of the bigger named realtors.

The markets (in my area) is cooiling off a bit. It all depends on the asking price of the house and how it compares to others in your neighborhood.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:14:22 PM EDT
[#3]

I put my last one on the market myself.
The buyers realtor found it and I paid nothing in fees to the realtor.

(I've never dominated a poll before)
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:26:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I've purchased and sold investment real estate.  I don't have a problem with doing it myself.

Having said that, using a realtor does have some advantages to it.  The questions for yourself are:

1) Do you know what the going market rate is in the area so that you can correctly assess the value of your home?

2) Is the market in your area hot enough that it would not require an MLS listing to sell in the timeframe and price that you are looking for?

3) Are you comfortable with your negotiation skills?

If you answer yes to the above questions, then you may do well in selling it yourself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top