Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 4:10:42 PM EDT
I have a 2005 Wide Glide EFI, Pipes, Stage 1 intake, Windshield, Saddle bags, and a few other extras... 6400 miles on it. Serviced by SCHD. And warranty till 2007.   What do you think a good price for a fast sell might be?? And anyone know a good site for local advertisement?? Thanks for any help you might be.....
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:43:43 PM EDT
[#1]
/counts change

Ok, I think $8.59 is a good price for a quick sale. Seriously though, I have no idea about the value but have you seen Craigslist? I've used it in the past for selling and buying things and had great luck with it.

YMMV
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I looked at that seems maybe ok... But, Really doesn't have much for bikes... I just found HDTrader.com after alot of searching. But, Having trouble placing an ad for some reason. I am triing to find out a book value of some type yet. So far I have seen dealers list them for around 16,000 plus or minus 500. I think with all the extras I have I should get around 15,000 pretty easy. Looks to be atleast 1000 less that dealers asking price. What do you all think about that? About the right price??
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 6:01:55 AM EDT
[#3]
do a search on cycletrader.com and see what similar bikes go for.
I'm sure there are sites for HD's that have bikes for sale, get an idea of what it goes for.
check Ebay for similar bikes
all of those together should give you a good idea of what they are selling for.
There are LOTS of Harleys for sale, expect to price on the low end.
Oh, and accessories on bikes are worth absolutely nothing.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 8:11:31 AM EDT
[#4]
A search on eBay will tell you what is getting "action" AND what someone will actually pay. NOT what someone is "asking".  It is also a good place to scan in order to make sure you remember all the selling points for what you have.     Stay safe
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks Never thought about Ebay... I'll check it out...
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 11:31:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I take SCHD is Sauk City HD?

MSRP probably was around $17K if you got a solid colour.

KBB says retail used is $15400 without extras (they dont figure in non original parts like pipes)
Nada says $16000 with extras

Have you tried placing it in teh madison papers classifieds? Right now is the best time with the riding season coming up. If you really need to sell it fast, $14K pretty much will guarantee it gone within a week, but its your call. Generally a used HD will sell pretty quick anyways no matter the price. PEople want them. The markets still hot for HD.

If I could afford one right now, I might had been interested. But I would had wanted the stock pipes and intake. BTW got pics?
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:25:18 AM EDT
[#7]
No St. Criox Harley is SCHD. I live in Hudson, 15 minute from St.Paul, Mn. I placed an Ad in Hdtrader.com for 14995. I think that's a very good price. I see all others are selling for 15690 plus. And mine is a Two tone paint. So I think at that price it should sell pretty fast.  My bike is not very loud with the SE II pipes. That is why I went with them. I hate loud pipes. I'll send you a pic.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 3:52:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I think it's a good idea to go a little under the dealers for a ball park price.15,000 sounds good to me. Sorry your selling it. I would be hating summers without my Harley!
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 4:54:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Sorry I am selling it??????? LMAO...... Do you think I would not be getting a new one.... LOL LOL  From what I can tell on HDTrader.com and Cycle trader is that I am about 1000 under what they are going for. Heck there are 2004 for much more and 2002 for about what I am selling it for. So I should be good to go. I can still move alittle on price also. I gopt a real good deal on my bike when I bought it. So, Somone out there is going to get a great deal on a great used bike.  I listed it on EE also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top