Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/25/2004 12:52:19 AM EST
Since I got injured this has been an issue for me. WHen I am out driving and I am having a "high pain day" I am often very slow in my movement and not flexible at all. I have always worried about self defense in a vehicle situation if the need arises. I liove in Cali so CCW is out of the question. I keep a knife and a mag lite flashlight in the truck, but the are hrd to use in a small space.

ANy ideas on self protection for a close quarters situation like being inside a car and not being able to move much?

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:02:23 PM EST
I'd think a nice light aluminum bat and ball w/a glove(sports equiptment, not just the bat) might come in handy and be LEGAL to carry for sporting purposes if by chance you stepped out of the vechicle. If your having a HIGH PAIN DAY, why else would you leave the comfort of the auto? Are you suggesting a car jacking type situation?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:30:43 PM EST
run the orc over with the truck
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:41:22 AM EST
A very good set I keep for close quarters protection is :

OC - Can be used up to 10 feet and can stop a person before they can reach you.

ASP - I like the smallest ASP which is about 8" closed , so I can use it expanded to reach out to a foot and a half or closed for closer quarters as a pain compliance weapon.

Surefire Light- can also be used for pain compliance methods. (as above)

Folding knife - If the situation escalates

GLOCK - When all else fails.

One thing I always tell my students is to remember that they must be aware that using something like a baton or flashlight can be considered deadly physical force if you strike in the head/temple etc...

Alot of the female officers on my job dont like to carry a gun off duty so I recommend OC as a very good alternative.
Top Top