Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2006 10:09:25 PM EDT
Don't you just love it.  They get arrested for a DUI and since they where ID'ed and thier record is clean the get a station release.  And when they learn about thier pending release to go home they speak english better than my bad (instert language here).

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:35:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a friend that claimed he went on a warrant service for an individual.  They get there and no one speaks english in the residence.  They make an arrest and decide to stop by a fast food drive through on the way to jail. (dont think that was wise but ok).  They tell the arrest that they will get him a cheese burger if he admits he can speak english.  Sure enough he starts speaking it just fine.  They still didnt get him a cheese burger.  I would not do it but it is still funny.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 8:13:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I guess whatever it takes to get somone to tell the truth.

But yeah like you said, probably not the greatest of ideas.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 9:19:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Back in the pre-"PC" days, a fellow officer used to tell the rooks that "insert immigrant type here are like billiard balls... the harder ya hit 'em, the more english you get"

Not that we'd ever say such things today, of course, being so sensitive to each other and all...
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 10:55:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I had a friend that claimed he went on a warrant service for an individual.  They get there and no one speaks english in the residence.  They make an arrest and decide to stop by a fast food drive through on the way to jail. (dont think that was wise but ok).  They tell the arrest that they will get him a cheese burger if he admits he can speak english.  Sure enough he starts speaking it just fine.  They still didnt get him a cheese burger.  I would not do it but it is still funny.

So.. they speak the King's English?

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:25:34 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So.. they speak the King's English?

photos.sleestak.net/albums/userpics/10001/burgerking.JPG

Now that's comedy.

But oh so wrong.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 1:22:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Our K9 guy always asks habla english? When they say no he gets out a set of cuffs and asks habla Jail? To which most of them say I speak a little bit. It's hilarious to watch. LMAO.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 9:19:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I was out on a call dealing with about 6 hisp males and my kid brother was there (he's on the same dept.).
None  of them would admit that they spoke any english.  
All of a sudden my brother turns to me and says loudly, "Fuck it, man, I'm just going to arrest the guy with brown shoes."  
All of a sudden two of the guys look down at their shoes.  It was frigging hilarious.

Link Posted: 1/24/2006 10:55:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm white as the day is long but picked up some decent [insert language here]. I'll stand back and play dumb until one of the cotton-pickin'* sons-of-guns starts talking shit about the cops or otherwise makes plans to avoid arrest (and once to even assault another cop). That's when I light up and beat them at their own game.

*not to be construed as actual and physical pickers of cotton, but a general term of disdain for someone. Not that there'd be anything wrong with that.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:19:49 PM EDT
[#9]
I've heard a story (probably an urban legend) about two cops who pull over a car full of (insert non-english language here).  After they are all out of the vehicle, it is discovered that none of the miscreants speak English.  The veteran officer tells the newbie, "When I count to 3, pull your nightstick and start hittin all these bastards in the head.  One, two - " and they see one of them cringe and cover his head.  "Bingo!  We have an English speaker!"
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I speak fluent spanish.  What kills me is when I start talking to them in spanish and they STILL look at me like they don't understand.

I have my ways though.  

What I fail to uderstand is all the new kids coming out on the street.  They have no clue how to sweat a guy to make him yap.  The nuggets will go round and round with some douche "Sir, I must advise you..." yadda yadda yadda.

Sometimes I wonder what my FTOs are teaching these kids.

Sheep
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top