Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 11/3/2001 3:08:08 PM EST
Seeking legal advice on “returning a firearm” to seller. I ordered a rifle from an out-of-state FFL. He sent the rifle to my FFL. I filled out the paperwork and my FFL called it in and I picked the rifle up after the waiting period. I do not like the rifle and called the seller (=out-of-state FFL) and he said that I could return it. Now how do I do it? Do I send it back? Or should my FFL send it back? How is it done legally? What kind of paperwork do I need to do? I do not want this gun to be associated with me after I returned it. I would appreciate the advice of well-informed and experienced people. Please respond in detail. Thank you, Regards, FRIZ
Link Posted: 11/3/2001 3:27:37 PM EST
FRIZ, You can send it back. There is no prohibition in Federal Law from an INDIVIDUAL (non-licensee, in ATF terms) sending a rifle to a DEALER (licensee). Only the receiver has to be an FFL if you are shipping across state lines. The only thing I would do is make sure you are sending to a recognized business address (copy of the FFL, etc.), and keep all your shipping documents together. AFARR
Top Top