Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2005 9:33:35 PM EDT
(First, I got permission from staff to post this).

I'm in a local chapter of Delta Waterfowl, and we're getting ready for annual dinner/auction fundraiser. It's going to be held 8-12-05 in St. Charles, Missouri at The Banquet Center of The Little Hills.

This post is to request donations of items to be auctioned. If you'd like to donate anything just post or IM a message, and I'll give you my address so you can ship it. If you need a tax write-off form just let me know the value of your item so I can fill out and send you the form. Anyone who donates can/will be listed on the donor sheet handed out to everyone at the dinner, plus you'll be listed on our chapter's sponsor page. (If you wish to be listed).

www.stldelta.org/sponsor.htm

The proceeds go to the main office of Delta Waterfowl to help fund their research/development on behalf of the ducks in the prairie pothole region.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 6/17/2005 8:57:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/17/2005 8:34:48 PM EDT
[#2]
One last bump.
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 4:17:03 AM EDT
[#3]
i assume that this is a duck hunting group?

i could talk to my dad real quick, he happens to be a nationaly known decoy carver, and hes working in MO this summer.
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 7:54:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Delta is 100% behind hunters. Their main focus is nesting success, and researching ways to increase it. Predator control, nesting boxes, etc.

I'd appreciate you talking to your dad for GLR. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 2:20:34 PM EDT
[#5]
he's due here at my place here in kansas in about 2 hours for the fathers day festivities, i'll kick the idea to him real quick, i know he did it for D.U. a bunch of times.
Link Posted: 6/19/2005 5:38:40 AM EDT
[#6]
He has a drake mallard decoy that he says he's willing to part with. How's that sound?

Just so you know, its a working decoy, not a decorator, all wood. It's out of a rig, but is still new so it hasn't been hunted over.   If you got any collectors they maight be interested, as hes a 2nd generation carver, and him, my uncle, my cousin and my grandfather are all pretty well known.
Link Posted: 6/19/2005 5:41:48 AM EDT
[#7]
That's great!!!!  It's exactly what some of the guys collect. I'll IM my addy to you.

Thank you for arranging this.
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#8]
ttt once more.

EDIT----BTW, here's the invitation;

Link Posted: 7/13/2005 8:57:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Greetings,
I have a real nice James Wiens autographed waterfowl print that I would like to donate. Its a small print framed in a 10x14 or so frame.

It was an item that I got from a Oregon Hunters Assoc Dinner. I am sure it would do better in the hands or on the wall of a duck hunter, which I am not.

Email me your address and I will get it in the mail in the next couple days.
CH
Link Posted: 7/13/2005 9:01:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Will do, and thank you for contributing.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 10:40:09 PM EDT
[#11]
GLR,
  The hand-carved Mallard decoy looks great! Please thank your dad for me, and I want to thank you too for arranging this whole deal and shipping it to me.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:15:51 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Greetings,
I have a real nice James Wiens autographed waterfowl print that I would like to donate. Its a small print framed in a 10x14 or so frame.

It was an item that I got from a Oregon Hunters Assoc Dinner. I am sure it would do better in the hands or on the wall of a duck hunter, which I am not.

Email me your address and I will get it in the mail in the next couple days.
CH

The print looks great, and should do well in the auction.
Thanks again,
               Kurt  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top