Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2002 7:39:21 PM EDT
Are the M1 Tactical’s that were imported by H&K in the nineties the same as the M1 Tactical that are imported by Benelli today?
What are the differences between the two (if any)?

Where is the best (cheapest) place to order a SUREFIRE dedicated housing and light for the M1 Tactical?

Please respond in detail.
Thank you,
Regards,
FRIZ
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:43:34 PM EDT
[#1]
FRIZ--

The Benelli's are all the same.  The pre-ban guns (before 1994) are all HK marked, but not all HK marked guns are pre-ban.  

If I recall properly, Sableco has the M1 Surefire forearms.  You may want to search on here to find his website.  The prices seemed good on the stuff he had.

AFARR
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:45:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Hi AFARR:
Thank you,
Regards,
FRIZ
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:46:42 PM EDT
[#3]
locally i saw twoprebans going for 750 and 800.  they had the surefire forearm and extended feed on them.  the finish sucked though.  looked kinda flakey to me.  kinda like it was painted over chips.  they are marked hk.  what do prebans go for?
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 7:51:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Machinehead--

Depends on the condition, type of sights, pistol grip, etc.  

Basically, $700-800 in fair to excellent shape, pistol grip, rifle sights.  Add about $100 for the Surefire if it is in excellent shape and functions well, $50 for Ghost Ring sights.  

The condition you describe would probably be at the low end, but those prices aren't too far off base.

Link Posted: 3/3/2002 2:58:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe this is splitting hairs, but ...

First, consider whether your Benelli is a pre-ban or post ban.  A PISTOL GRIP post-ban cannot have a mag extension holding more than 5 (?) rounds.  Post-ban, no pistol grip, you can have a full length (7? 8?) mag extension.

Second, the M1 rear sights have been changed twice (meaning 3 different sets).  The original issue did NOT have the windage adjustment on the right side of the dog ears.  More importantly, it used small (~ 2mm) set screws, which sheared when you fired heavy loads (it happened to me, thank goodness for the smart guys at Brownells who fixed me up w/ replacements).  Benelli then upgraded to larger (either 2.5 or 3 mm) set screws.  It must have still had problems, b/c the final / current rear sights have the side adjustment as mentioned before.

There may be other differences still, but the above I can vouch for.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 7:17:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Gentlemen:
Thank you for your advice.
Regards,
FRIZ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top