Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2001 6:20:28 AM EDT
Help: I need advice!

I am AR-15/M1A kind of guy and I want to buy my first Ak. I want to use it for fun & informal target shooting.

1. I buy my guns for keep. But I cannot afford a Galil. Therefore I want to buy the VEPR II .223 with a chrome lined barrel. Is the VEPR II .223 a good choice?
2. Where is the best place to buy a new VEPR II .223?
3. Where is the best place to buy new magazines for the VEPR II .223?

Please respond in detail.
Many thanks,
Friz
Link Posted: 2/4/2001 6:33:50 AM EDT
[#1]
I would be more inclined to fine a sweet Norinco MAK-90 somewhere and upgrade to "original" wood stock set, after the addition of the required US internals -- that's what I have done.
Link Posted: 2/4/2001 8:48:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I've owned several AKs(SAR-1, Poly Tech, Hungarian), and BY FAR, the BEST was a Romanian ROMAK2(AK74), upgraded with US-made Bulgarian-style stock kit, KVAR mount and Russian C-More-type sight, etc. The 5.45x39 is MUCH more accurate than the 7.62x39 and ammo prices are WAAAAY down. Mags are $4/each, also.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com
Link Posted: 2/4/2001 11:55:10 AM EDT
[#3]
if you want to stay with 223 you may be interested in the pre-ban Norinco 84S i have with 9 mags,comp,Ace folding stock i have. it will be about the same price as a prebanAR however. email me if you're interested...Dick
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top