Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/31/2003 8:07:58 AM EDT
This is what I bring home, I went out of town yesterday, stopped by the Yamaha dealer and BOOM, this jumped in the back of my truck and came home with me.....and then we went for a 20 mile ride last night.....

after the ride...

[img]http://fototime.com/E4DF2EF45C4BE9B/standard.jpg[/img]

All cleaned up....

[img]http://fototime.com/8F2EF1E711F52ED/standard.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:44:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Sweet, I've got one of those!  Same color too.  I've got 28" Titan M/T tires on ITP wheels and a clutch kit.  If you have any real mud you'll need better tires.  The 28's require you to cut the fenders for clearance on the ITP wheels, but if you use stock wheels you may be able to get by.  (The ITP's have 2 inches more offset per wheel, making the quad 4 inches wider).  I kept my stock wheels and tires for ice, and put studs in them for the winter.  You may want to do a reverse limiter mod, since if you get into mud and try to back out you will be limited to 11 mph wheel speed in reverse, which makes it just about impossible to back out of a mud hole.  Do a search at www.highlifter.com in the message board if you end up needing it.  I've also got a Warn winch and a good rear pack with tools etc.  Be careful in diff lock, don't use it unless you need it, or you could break a CV joint, I've broken one so far, it was covered under warranty, but only for 6 months unless you get the extended.  Very sweet, nice riding quad, you'll love it.  Depending on the type of riding you do, you might NEED a better than stock tool kit.  I've flipped my quad about 3 or 4 times so far, we usually ride some pretty nasty trails.  I've so far broken the CV joint on the front right and bent the same side tie-rod two or three times.  Other than that, no problems.  They go through some amazing stuff in 2wd with good tires, and that winch saved my butt when I broke the CV joint, wouldn't have made it home without it.  P.S. your dirty pic looks like my clean pics!!  I'll try to get some up.  Happy Trails!!
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:48:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome, I prefer Honda, or Polaris, but cool none the less.  I want to buy a Honda VLX (street cruiser) soon.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 8:59:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Sneaker,

Sounds like you are hard them monsters....
I ride the river alot, when it is down, so the riding is not to rough, at times alot of mud to play in, then you hit a channel for a short ride to clean things up and go again.

Also I use these things to hunt on, makes it great to haul out a deer, no more dragging...

As for the tires and wheels, stock for now works good, I have to watch how wide  I go, this thing will just fit thru the door to my storage building...

I have a winch on my Big Bear, and am going to pull it off this week and install on my Grizzly... Then sell my Big Bear..
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:03:09 AM EDT
[#4]
what did that set you back?  about 6, 7 grand?

they're ridiculous expensive now
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#5]
damn those ATV's! those and dirtbikes are always trying to jump in my car[:(!]
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:28:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
what did that set you back?  about 6, 7 grand?

they're ridiculous expensive now
View Quote

I got it on sale for $6400, also got 1.9% financing till March 2005
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 11:29:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
damn those ATV's! those and dirtbikes are always trying to jump in my car[:(!]
View Quote

Yes that is a problem, I dont know how to stop it, not that I would...
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:00:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Congrats 1shott,

That is a very good looking rig, please excuse my dumbass questions,(I've never ridden one or seen one in action) but is it 4wd? Also someone mentioned they use it for hunting, are they very loud? how would it compare to a pickup truck as far as noise is concerned? Is this one a two stroke or four stroke engine? Automatic or manual transmision? Thanks in advance.

I looks like it would be a real HOOT to ride the back trails on. Take care, have fun......AZMAN
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:12:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh, your going to like that. They are a blast and that is a premier quad.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:24:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Congrats 1shott,

That is a very good looking rig, please excuse my dumbass questions,(I've never ridden one or seen one in action) but is it 4wd? Also someone mentioned they use it for hunting, are they very loud? how would it compare to a pickup truck as far as noise is concerned? Is this one a two stroke or four stroke engine? Automatic or manual transmision? Thanks in advance.

I looks like it would be a real HOOT to ride the back trails on. Take care, have fun......AZMAN
View Quote

Hello,
There are no dumba$$ questions, only the ones not asked...

Yes it is 4 wheel drive, on demand, and a locking differental.

I use it to get me to and from my hunting places, park it and then walk for bit to my final stand, ,akes it great for hauling deer out, and it is not to noisy..

It is a four stroke, with 5 valves. Automatic tranny.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 4:26:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice ride, I want one now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top