[#4]
Surprisingly not all "civilians" are stupid. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 3:21:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 3:30:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 7:39:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Holy crap you ARE in "uhBaDNayburhood"!!!  So, how well does that pepper spray work?  Just curious.
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Holy crap you ARE in "uhBaDNayburhood"!!!  So, how well does that pepper spray work?  Just curious.
View Quote

Speaking from personal experience, IT HURTS LIKE A MO FO.  [>Q]

SeMPer Fi
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 7:52:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Man MOVE OUT OF THERE.  UNLESS YOU ARE JUST LIVING THERE TO HONE YOUR SURVIVAL SKILLS TO THAT RAZOR SHARP EDGE??

Benjamin
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 9:43:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/14/2001 10:05:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Holy crap dude, you need to move to the country.  There are old people that walk around the block at night out here.  And I bet that if someone called for help, there would be half a dozen armed citizens in a second ready to assist.  

Unless you really enjoy your current level of excitement, Move, and take up a safer hobby like BASE jumping.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 3:33:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Imagine a blistering sunburn on all parts of your skin in contact with the spray.
View Quote

I personally compare it to holding a hot steam iron to your face.  I've been sprayed twice: once as an MP in the Marines, and once at the police academy.  The best way I've found to decontaminate is cold water and baby shampoo.  Just rub the soap right in your eyes.  With Def-Tec First Defense OC, it took me about 45 minutes to an hour to recover.  That was dunking my head in buckets of cold water and washing with baby shampoo (and holding my eyes open with my fingers under water).  Then stood with my head under a shower, with the water flowing directly into my eyes.  Then sat in front of a fan for a while.  Once you get it washed off and it dries, it mostly stops hurting.  Mostly.

And yes, OC/CS is bad on contacts.  Especially the CS part if I remember correctly.  

CS alone isn't that bad.  I went through the "confidence chamber" a few times in the Marines, and I would rather eat lunch in a CS environment than get sprayed with OC again.  Most pain I've ever experienced.  

SeMPer Fi
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top