Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2012 8:08:15 AM EDT

The code theft from the security giant will
not likely affect the average computer user or compromise his computer,
an analyst told FoxNews.com –– but the breech is certainly to leave the
Fortune 500 company red faced.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:10:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, ain't that a kick right square in the nuts.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:13:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I've already got it in the works to move away from them for my customers.

First off, their enhanced spam filter sucks ass.
2nd of all, their end point protection software has too large of a footprint and doesn't do a good job.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Symantec's bullshit products have uselessly slaughtered far more computing cycles and far more user time than every virus ever written.

Anyone that wants to pay good money to suffer can send me half of what Symantec's asking for whatever product they may be looking for.  I'll kick that person in the nuts and take their money.  That way they'll get the physical and financial impact but their fucking computer won't be all shitted up too afterward.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:15:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I wonder who hacked in?

the last time "no real threat to users" was said was when the RSA keyfobs were hacked...then the defense contractors that used them were hacked....then we lost a stealth drone.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:17:38 AM EDT
[#5]
What do you guys recommend?  How's Microsoft's AV?
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:18:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Excellent.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:31:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Kaspersky.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:37:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Excellent.

MS's is actually pretty good.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:40:47 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I wonder who hacked in?

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/graphics/flags/large/ch-lgflag.gif

the last time "no real threat to users" was said was when the RSA keyfobs were hacked...then the defense contractors that used them were hacked....then we lost a stealth drone.

This is what happened, and RSA keys were compromised?

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:55:24 AM EDT
[#10]
It seems like with Symantec it is always bugging me. The Windows one I often have to check to make sure it is running because I don't ever hear from it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:05:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Symantec is the bane of my existence.

Fucking rtvscan DESTROYS CPU.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:14:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Symantec is the bane of my existence.

Fucking rtvscan DESTROYS CPU.

I hate SEP with a passion, i have no idea why some "engineers" think it is so awesome.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:31:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Symantec's bullshit products have uselessly slaughtered far more computing cycles and far more user time than every virus ever written.

Anyone that wants to pay good money to suffer can send me half of what Symantec's asking for whatever product they may be looking for.  I'll kick that person in the nuts and take their money.  That way they'll get the physical and financial impact but their fucking computer won't be all shitted up too afterward.

Well, I stopped using Windows a while ago but back then I sure would have agreed with above.

Same goes for Panda, McAfee and all those other companies.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:42:43 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kaspersky.

Correct response.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 9:43:56 AM EDT
[#15]
We just dumped Symantec Endpoint Protection.  It was awful to admin and a huge resource hog.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top