Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/2/2012 10:36:40 AM EDT
Secret Service shuts down ‘fire Eric Holder’ protest

U.S. Secret Service officers shut down a student-led protest calling for President Obama to fire Attorney General Eric Holder this morning, according to a report from in front of the White House.

After discovering a “suspicious package,” the Secret Service ended the protest.

How.....convenient

Barry must have seen them outside and seeing they were "youths" it must have stung just a little too much.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 10:38:18 AM EDT
[#1]
ATHF toy?
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 10:39:08 AM EDT
[#2]
What the hell kind of students would be Holder fans?  That's like going to a Star Trek convention to get Dr. Polaski's autograph.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm a bit torn on this one.

After discovering a “suspicious package,” the Secret Service ended the protest. “Several agents seemed hostile to our march and seemed anxious for us to leave the area,” Maurice Lewis, a University of California student, told Campus Reform. “The discover[y of] the ‘unidentified package’ came just as the protest began gain traction.”

That is their job.

If it was an OWS protest no one would have stopped it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 10:41:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
After discovering a “suspicious package,” the Secret Service ended the protest.

Sure.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 10:41:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What the hell kind of students would be Holder fans?  That's like going to a Star Trek convention to get Dr. Polaski's  Gul Dukat's autograph.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

After discovering a “suspicious package,” the Secret Service ended the protest. “Several agents seemed hostile to our march and seemed anxious for us to leave the area,” Maurice Lewis, a University of California student, told Campus Reform. “The discover[y of] the ‘unidentified package’ came just as the protest began gain traction.”

That is their job.

Did you see the photos of the OWS protest, there was bags, containers, etc left everywhere unattended but that didnt shut them down.  The timing is what makes this incident suspect.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 10:48:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The timing target of protest is what makes this incident suspect.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 10:54:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I gotta say finding that package was convenient
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 10:56:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What they aren't telling us is that it was discovered between the wookies legs
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 10:58:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Business as usual
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 10:58:23 AM EDT
[#11]

In for the AAR on what they find in the package.

Surely they'll tell us.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:15:37 AM EDT
[#12]
The only “suspicious package” is Obama imigration/"birth certificate" paperwork.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:17:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the hell kind of students would be Holder fans?  That's like going to a Star Trek convention to get Dr. Polaski's  Gul Dukat's autograph.

I'd much rather meet a Cardassian than that old lesbian.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:23:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

After discovering a "suspicious package,” the Secret Service ended the protest.

Sure.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:29:27 AM EDT
[#15]
I say we just send Holder to Mexico...let them deal with the man...I'll betcha that man would be running the cartels within hours...

He'd be on the phone ordering the supplies, guns, and now...womenz...to the land.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:33:12 AM EDT
[#16]
probably some kids backpack or hipster like satchel.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What the hell kind of students would be Holder fans?  That's like going to a Star Trek convention to get Dr. Polaski's autograph.

Um, they were calling for him to be fired.  Not fans.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:43:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

reading the linked article –– i've been told it's for suckers.

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:45:15 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

ar-jedi

U.S. Secret Service officers shut down a student-led protest calling for President Obama to fire Attorney General Eric Holder this morning, according to a report from in front of the White House.

I did.  What am I missing here?
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:46:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Well it's not like the citizens have lost all their First Amendment rights. The USSC invalidated the Stolen Valor Act on First Amendment grounds so although we can no longer voice our displeasure with the Fedgov, we can falsely claim to hold the CMH.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:49:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Update: It turns out the “suspicious package” was a backpack, which according to Matt Boyle had been left on the ground while its owner, a middle-aged woman, took a photograph with her family.

http://www.humanevents.com/2012/07/02/fast-and-furious-secret-service-shuts-down-student-protest-of-eric-holder/
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:53:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Update: It turns out the “suspicious package” was a backpack, which according to Matt Boyle had been left on the ground while its owner, a middle-aged woman, took a photograph with her family.

http://www.humanevents.com/2012/07/02/fast-and-furious-secret-service-shuts-down-student-protest-of-eric-holder/

Damn!  Some tourist was carrying a backpack in DC, and set it down long enough to take a picture?  Sounds suspicious to me.  Probably the first time that's happened in 20 years.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Darn! My money was on "Dick in a Box."

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 11:55:43 AM EDT
[#24]
I'd like to see the students protest AG Holder a couple of more times, just to see if they get get shut down.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 12:30:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Fuck the Secret Service and BHO.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 12:39:22 PM EDT
[#26]
So they didn't want to break out the Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act just yet, uh?
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 12:41:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
So they didn't want to break out the Federal Restricted Buildings and Grounds Improvement Act just yet, uh?

Stuck with the tried and true "suspicious package".
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Suspicious package?  Was it conviently lost by a gubmint employee, a tourist or an absent minded student?

BS!
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 1:38:22 PM EDT
[#29]

it was a bag of wookie's used dildos

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 1:40:27 PM EDT
[#30]

i'm sure it was "suspicious"
though this might get more press coverage then the protest would have garnered

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 1:41:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

i'm sure it was "suspicious"

though this might get more press coverage then the protest

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 1:41:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

When the old "suspicious package" is right there in the bag why drag out the big stick?

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Nope, it's suspicious.

"The appearance of the package was suspicious."

"So are you saying that the package looked suspicious, or that it's appearance at the protest was suspicious?"

"Yes."
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 1:54:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

That is their job.

Riiiiiight...
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 1:55:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did.  What am I missing here?

see highlighted items above.

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 1:56:26 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd much rather meet a Cardassian than that old lesbian.

A what?

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn!  Some tourist was carrying a backpack in DC, and set it down long enough to take a picture?  Sounds suspicious to me.  Probably the first time that's happened in 20 years.

First time it's happened during a conservative protest!  They could've dropped bullets on the WH during an OWS protest, and the worst thing that would happen would be the shooter taken away.  And thats a stretch nowadays.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 2:00:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That is their job.

any clue how close the OWS protestors got ?

I don't remember seeing any pics about that..

I do know that the average tourist is quickly discouraged from
getting too close to the metal fence for too long -even for
a photo to be taken––

BUT - the crowd was on that area thick as paint the night
obumma got/shot Usama. He was the bravest of them all !

Selective enforcement, anyone ??

and hey, I guess I somewhat disparaged The USSS in another
thread which mentioned today's event.
I "said":  SS: skank sleuths
Well, some of them, anyway. Here's to the good ones.

I know I'd hate to be the Marine Sergeant watching that dickered
dismount the helo on the WH lawn. It would be hilarious to see
obumma face-plant, would it not ?

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 2:01:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, it's suspicious.

"The appearance of the package was suspicious."

"So are you saying that the package looked suspicious, or that it's appearance at the protest was suspicious?"

"Yes."

What I am saying is that the packages discovery was timely with that legal protest and all mucking up the view of the street with signs and chanting wot about AG and all. Had it not been found like that they would have had to allowed those young lads to continue unfettered in the exercise of their rights.  (Un)Fortunately in the interests of national security and what not all that had to be dashed.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 2:03:35 PM EDT
[#40]
I think the publicity, timing, and apparently presumptuous nature of the USSS's vague and cliched response and explanation actually makes the protest more effective to opinion than it would have been otherwise.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 2:11:40 PM EDT
[#41]
remember when we had a free country ? that was good time .......
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 2:14:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Its gonna take more than a change in Congress and the President to take down this behemoth of bureaucracy.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 2:28:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Its gonna take more than a change in Congress and the President to take down this behemoth of bureaucracy.

Ain't that an understatement.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 2:30:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

No one on this board is old enough to remember that.  

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 2:34:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 2:35:56 PM EDT
[#46]

This wouldn't have happened if there were more hookers in the audience...

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 2:37:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

This wouldn't have happened if there were more hookers in the audience...

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:11:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can remember when we thought it was a free country.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:33:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So true,
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:36:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can remember when we thought it was a free country.

So can I
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top