Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 7:07:52 PM EDT
So says Cybercast News Service website.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I for one, who still believes that Saddam had WMD'S found it very interesting. I dont remember word for word what the one segment was but it had a transcript between Saddam and an unknown aide discussing missiles with biological agents. Saddam says something along the lines of, We can learn alot from them. I wonder if the them he is talking about was Al Queda.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw a few excerpts from it on "ABC World News Tonight".

In a perfect world*, this could be huge - Essentially, nothing short of vindication for Bush's decision to invade Iraq. There are hundreds of hours of additional audio that hasn't even been translated yet.

*I.E., a world in which the media wasn't fixated on getting rid of the Bush administration at all costs.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:07:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Time to move the goalposts.  "So what if Saddam had WMDs?  He wasn't going to use them against anyone."
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 8:25:17 PM EDT
[#4]
*I.E., a world in which the media wasn't fixated on getting rid of the Bush administration at all costs.

....vice president had a hunting accident. That's all people have to know.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:58:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Still, it raises some questions:

Why did it take an independent consultant to bring these tapes to light?

Why didn't the CIA release these tapes to deflect all the criticism about their "bad intelligence"?

Why didn't the Bush administration push for the release of these tapes? Did the CIA fail to inform them that these tapes existed?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:12:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Still, it raises some questions:

Why did it take an independent consultant to bring these tapes to light?

Who knows, he's the only one with the balls to do so with access to the data

Why didn't the CIA release these tapes to deflect all the criticism about their "bad intelligence"?

The CIA has proven time and time again that they have their own agenda. Most of the full time staff  were beholding to the Clintons and the DNC for their advancement for 8 years. The only reason that Tenant was not fired was becasue of "The Wooden Cigar Store Indian" and his lawsuites in 2000 preventing a smooth transition between administrations. It became easier to keep the Clintonistas in place than transition to a new staff becasue of current events at the time.

Why didn't the Bush administration push for the release of these tapes? Did the CIA fail to inform them that these tapes existed?    

They probably didn't know about them, and if they did, the CIA was probably telling them that this information could not be vetted and that they had little faith in the veracity of the tapes. Again they have their own agenda, and it ain't protecting the US or supporting the current administration.

ETA: Verily again I visit apon thee, Mordwyn the killer of threads

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top