Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2002 11:31:22 AM EDT
After the first Merkava was destroyed by a mine.....

[b]Quoted:
Yes, it won't be the last time it's tried, but knowing the Israelis as well as we do, it will be the last time it's successful.

Eric The(Realistic)Hun[/b]

Israeli PM Orders Pullout, U.S. Envoy Flies In
Thu Mar 14, 1:58 PM ET
By Timothy Heritage

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon ...... etc. etc.........

Further down in the article.......

"Palestinian militants blew up an Israeli Merkava-3 tank in the Gaza Strip early on Thursday, killing three soldiers as they accompanied a convoy of Jewish settlers."

A second Merkava, Eric.  What do you think NOW?!!

DaMan

PS -Edited so RAF would not lock it "as trolling"!  

Is "I told you so!" ....trolling??!
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 11:44:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 11:52:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 12:16:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't worry y'all, the thread is pointed at me and I can take my well-deserved lumps as well as anyone.

I let my stupid pride in the efficiency of the IDF get away with me. Of course there's no such thing as a sure bet in this sort of warfare.

I will never say 'never' again in anything pertaining to the IDF.

Who knows, I might have jinxed them! Perish the thought!

And [b]DaMan[/b] is quite within his rights to call me on this one, as well.

I called him on his initial scoffing that Arabs could have been responsible for the Sept 11 hi-jackings, so it is his turn to gloat.

I just wished I knew that he wasn't smiling as he contemplated the deaths of the IDF soldiers.

Engaged in a War on Terrorism that, in almost every respect, mirrors our own.

With the loss of a Merkava at the rate of one a month, they stand to be able to only last another two decades or so.

[u]If[/u] they stop building any more.[:D]

If they want to use the other 4,000 tanks at their disposal, well, let's just say they can stand that rate of attrition for quite a while.

Eric The(Humiliated,Sorta)Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top