Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2004 5:39:03 PM EDT
Ken Schramm gets 90 seconds of air time twice a week at the end of the 1730 and 1830 local ABC news broadcasts.
I'll bet that at least one of the people mentioned in the second commentary are ARF people!
This was his Sept 9th commentory:

The NRA And Political Weasels
September 9, 2004

By Ken Schram

SEATTLE - Face it, if the NRA had its way, people would be able to own machine guns.

And the more fanatical NRA members would be yammering about how the 2nd Amendment allows it.

At the moment however, all the NRA can do is kill an assault weapons ban that a vast majority of Americans think is necessary and worthwhile.

In fact, most congressional Republicans and Democrats also believe the weapons ban should be extended, but they're political weasels.

They've allowed the NRA to intimidate them into ignoring what the nation needs, in favor of what the NRA wants.

Contrary to popular belief, I support the 2nd Amendment.

What I don't support is the NRA's iron-fisted labeling of every reasonable effort to curb gun violence as a diabolical plot to take guns away from law-abiding citizens.

By any and all measures, the ban on semi-automatic assault rifles -- along with magazines with more than 10 rounds of ammunition -- has had a positive impact in the 10 years since it was passed.

But the NRA doesn't care.

The NRA's fantasy is that extending this particular ban would lead to bans on other guns -- "The Boogeyman will getcha" argument.

The NRA has gone from influencing government, to controlling it.

Some say they can live with that.

But how many others will die because of it?

And this is his response after a week of responses:

Ken Schram's Commentary: I Need To 'Get A Clue'?
September 16, 2004

By Ken Schram

SEATTLE - I've learned, once again, that if I don't support the NRA 100% of the time, on 100% of the issues, I am effectively relegated to the status of 'commie-pinko-bedwetter.'

My commentary in support of extending the ban on assault rifles is such an example.

Joan Stovall's message was short and direct: "You are an idiot."

Mark Townsend made his position clear: "You can't support half of (the 2nd Amendment). It's all or nothing."

Rod Willsey took exception to my saying I support the 2nd Amendment: "(People like you always say that) immediately before explaining why the 2nd Amendment should be obliterated. (You) should sit down, shut up, and be deeply ashamed...for...telling lies."

Don Childers writes: "The NRA simply responds to the will of its 4 million members...By slamming the NRA you are slamming democracy in action."

Tammie Ott: "You need to get a clue on gun control. It isn't the gun. It's the person behind it."

Mike Lubrecht's comments echoed others that came my way: "The whole premise of the ban was based purely on (a gun's) cosmetic features; (features) that have nothing to do with function or lethality."

Well, as a so-called 'commie-pinko-bedwetter,' I still disagree.

But I honestly appreciate the emails.

Want to share your thoughts with Ken Schram? You can e-mail him at [email protected]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:00:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Darn he didn't use any of mine.

One of my favs F*** You, you F****** F***

Nor did he use the one where I pointed out that 99.85% of the people who thought the AWB should be renewed didn't even know what the law did.

He also neglected the one where I gave him an education on the 2nd Amendmant and the militia.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:09:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm too tired to carefully read everything this asshole has to say so I'll just sum up what I'm thinking into a concise response: Fuck you, you fucking imbecile.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:13:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

SEATTLE - Face it, if the NRA had its way, people would be able to own machine guns.

Which still wouldn't make it possible in your state, jackhole.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:21:31 PM EDT
[#4]
they are all alike
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:40:24 PM EDT
[#5]
The best way to approach this is that the 'Assault Weapons' ban was really a ban on modern guns.  The ban basically restricted firearms technology to 1936 standards (minus some MGs & SMGs).  Thus anyone who is a gun guy that claims to support it is supporting depriving all of modern stuff in favor of replicas or modern incarnations of obsolete guns.  

Not that those are bad, and some are great fun, but allowing modern designs to be banned because politicians have successfully given the guilt trip to people who want a modern firearms is just silly.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's what I just sent him:

Hey Ken,

Just read your last 2 talks about the AWB and the responses. What part of the word "Freedom" that you don't understand? You want us to be free as long as "you" get to tell us how free we should be. Read what Jefferson or Hamilton said about the 2nd Amendment. YOU ARE WRONG! Plain and simple. There is no grey area. Freedom, support it or be a marxist. It's pretty clear which side you are on. If you have any questions about "how" all of this works, feel free to email me. I would be more than happy to tell you about guns, rights and what actually is control.

Lippo
Michgian

Second one:

Hey Ken,

Oh yeah, here you go. From Jefferson to the present:

What our republic was founded on -
"When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson

What we have to work with today -
"If someone is so fearful that, that they're going to start using their weapons to protect their rights, makes me very nervous that these people have weapons at all."
Representative Henry Waxman (D - CA.)

People like you and Waxman that would like to ban our inalienable (look the word up) rights would submit us to tyranny. Just like the Jews walking peacefully into the death camps, you are of the same cloth.

Laws? Yes, have a stronger law where someone is punished by using a AWB in a criminal act of robbery, murder, etc. But don't punish us that are law abiding citizens, who love our freedom, want the ability to show respect to it and protect it.

Lippo
Michigan
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:20:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Nor did he use the one where I pointed out that 99.85% of the people who thought the AWB should be renewed didn't even know what the law did.

That's what this WHOLE thing comes down to right there.

We have MILLIONS of people expressing their UNEDUCATED opinion on what other people should be allowed to do.  This also seems to apply to almost all of our so-called "lawmakers" as well.

The FACTS are SOLIDLY on our side, but almost no one takes ANY time to learn those facts.  Everything is about "How I *feel*".

I'm sorry but your "feelings" mean Jack Shit when it comes to determining how I exercise ANY OF MY CONSTITUTIONALLY GUARANTEED RIGHTS.

The Constitution of the United States and my NATURAL RIGHT of self-defense (whether that be from a thug on the street or government) ALWAYS trumps your "feelings", every single fucking time.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:23:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Most people CAN OWN MACHINE GUNS!

Jesus, do some frickin research.   Morons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top