BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2004 6:34:08 PM EDT

www.kirotv.com/weirdheadlines/3739307/detail.html

Taser Test Shocks Police Chief, NAACP President
Both Men Buckle Under 50,000-Volt Jolt

POSTED: 8:48 AM PDT September 17, 2004
UPDATED: 3:36 PM PDT September 17, 2004

SEATTLE -- Fifty-thousand-volt jolts from Taser guns nearly knocked Seattle's police chief and local NAACP head off their feet in a demonstration to reporters Friday.

Seattle police chief Gil Kerlikowske and local NAACP President Carl Mack winced, buckled and appeared to be stunned when Tasers were simultaneous switched on for two seconds by training officers.

"It's very painful," Kerlikowske said. "You can't move, you couldn't blink if you wanted to. ... There are shock waves going through your body. It's a scary feeling."

Mack said he felt a burning sensation where the electricity entered his body. The pulsing "affected every muscle in my body. It takes everything away from you."

"I've never felt anything like that in my life," he said. "You can't control anything."

The demonstration was designed to "reaffirm confidence in the safety and efficiency of the Seattle Police Department's Taser program," police said.

Before the demonstration, Kerlikowske said he wants to show his confidence in the non-lethal weapon. Mack says he wants to understand what victims go through.

Survey: Use Of Tasers By PoliceUnder what circumstances should police use a Taser gun?As a compliance tool.Only to avoid the use of lethal force.Never.

Seattle police officers bid to be the one to zap the chief, with the proceeds going to Special Olympics.

The weapons are made by Taser International, based in Scottsdale, Ariz.

They can deliver a high-voltage shock that makes a person lose muscle control. The shock is delivered either on contact or by firing wires into a person's body.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, if there are two folks in Seattle that deserved it, it was those two.....
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:03:01 PM EDT
[#2]
What, they didn't bid on who got to zap the head of the NAACP?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:22:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Well, if there are two folks in Seattle that deserved it, it was those two.....

I couldn't agree with you more. I bet those two soiled themselves, being full of sheet and all. "Mayor, do you smell that?"  

<<Mack says he wants to understand what victims go through.>> Criminals are all "victims" in his eyes.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder what the high bid was, I know guys that would pay a couple grand to taze their chief.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 8:29:55 PM EDT
[#5]
How high would the bidding go to zap Kerry?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:43:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How high would the bidding go to zap Kerry?

millions
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:46:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't forget, the link has a poll to hit, or zap as it may be..  
\
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:49:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Shit, they should have offered the NAACP guy here for tasering.  The bidding would have gotten out of control.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:00:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Two seconds isnt shit, it's the last 3 that make a difference.   I saw the news clip, trust me on this one.   You can feel every single individual zap on the last 3 seconds....or is it 3 minutes... damn it's a motherfucker.    Try all 5 seconds of a full hit and see what they say.  And take the darts instead of the clips.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:20:27 PM EDT
[#10]
That reminds me of the training I got as a Correctional Officer.hen
Then came the class on the .357 S&W. I headed for the door! The instuctor called out to me," Where do you think you're going?" I replied, " Ya'll ain't gonna shoot me with one of those "just so you'll know what it's like if you ever have to use it!"

I made it thru the Academy anyway. Be retiring in a couple of years.Danny
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:38:14 PM EDT
[#11]
The deaths with these things involve multiple zaps, sometimes 5 or 6.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:38:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Oops, my first double tap.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:47:18 PM EDT
[#13]
wwwooo hhhoooooo! more publicity!

/stockholder
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top