Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2003 1:40:45 PM EDT
I remembered reading this sometime ago and got a kick out of it. Did a "google" and found it today, thought I'd post a link.

Calvin and Hobbes
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I was depressed when that strip ended...

...as a matter of fact...it was when I stopped reading the funny pages.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 1:49:46 PM EDT
[#2]
You know, somebody will be along soon to piss in your Corn Flakes that this is "lame" and gets posted every year, blah, blah, blah. I look forward to it, though. This particular comic has some really funny artwork. Thanks for posting a link!
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:04:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Who in their right mind wouldn't like C&H?  They make life a little more tolerable.  The sum of the sanity in the insane asylum, hand drawn.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll admit, the funny pages just aren't the same without C&H. And the snowman series-ABSOLUTELY THE BEST. Funnier than the T-Rex in F15 'toons he did.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I have seen those 1000 times and enjoy them each and every time.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#6]

I was a huge fan of Calvin and Hobbes back in the 80s. I heard the artist won't license his characters to be on t-shirts and lunch boxes and such.

My favorite one: when after missing the little girl with multiple snowball barrages, Calvin  finally lands one on her head. "Bad news, Mom; I sold my soul to the devil today."

Hilarious!

Panzer Out
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:37:44 PM EDT
[#7]
C&H was my favorite comic! Anyone know why the artist stopped?
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 6:55:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a tattoo of Calvin and Hobbes; you could say I am a fan.

Great strips. I may have to go pull out the old books and go through them again. I always laugh my ass off for hours. I pretty much was Calvin as a kid so a lot of it rings true for me.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:53:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
C&H was my favorite comic! Anyone know why the artist stopped?
View Quote

According to a website Watterson said after 10 years he was tired of the deadlines, shrinking comic spaces, and the syndicates.

I miss all 3 of my favorite comics: Calvin, Bloom County, and The Far Side.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:30:07 PM EDT
[#10]
The good thing is you can still get all of his collections at bookstores for around $10 apiece.  I think I have every collection of his strips, including the anniversary one where he goes into why he won't syndicate his art.  In it he basically rips Jim Davis a new one for licensing Garfield on everything from lip balm to toilet paper...
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:18:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Oh thank you, thank you, thank you. [bow] [bow] [bow]

I found this series somewhere once only it was a PowerPoint slide show. I could laugh my ass off at work, but not at home.

I miss the hell out of Calvin and Hobbes. Even had a pair of kittens once we named Calvin and Hobbes. One was wild and always into/up to something. The other one was more laid back and just watched. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:45:50 AM EDT
[#12]
I think things took a turn for the worse when Calvin went away.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:53:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I miss all 3 of my favorite comics: Calvin, Bloom County, and The Far Side.
View Quote

[comic book guy]Best comics EVER[/comic book guy]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:04:19 AM EDT
[#14]
More votes for C&H, Bloom County & Far Side.

I actually stopped getting the paper when they all went away! The current cartoons are pathetic and strikingly un-funny.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:15:33 AM EDT
[#15]
The Far Side, Calvin, and Bloom bodies of work are my top three favorites of all time (not necessarily. in that order).

Have you seen that Berke Breathed has brought Opus back in his own strip?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top