Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2006 10:11:09 AM EDT
Posted a WTB in Equipment Exchange with no response yet.  Looking for plastic 10 round stripper clips like those the Canadians issue their SS109 on.  Anyone know where I can pick up from 500 to 2000 of these?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:17:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like MarStar in Canada sells 'em..but, they're out of stock at the moment.

Try checking other Canadian web sites..they might have 'em for sale a lot more readily than down here.

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:19:01 AM EDT
[#2]
why plastic?  the metal ones are cheap and plentiful.  i'd be willing to bet if you found the plastic ones they'd be more expensive
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:27:17 AM EDT
[#3]
OK, I'll share my 'invention' with ARFCOM since you guys know everything about what I need.

I have built a cutter that lets me modify the plastic ones for use with the 6.8 SPC - for which there are no known clips yets available.

Cutter is made from a 6.8 SPC case with 'teeth' cut in the base.  Seat a bullet in the neck and chuck it in a drill.  Hand feed the strip through the cutter & voila!  Worked with the old C3 Rapid Loader 6 slot 'pads' but I want something to use with a modified stripper clip guide that I also have.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:28:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Evil_Ed.  Email set to Marstar.  Have moved search to Canadian grounds.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:30:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a bunch that Ammoman sold on 5.56 Swiss ammo about 3 years ago.  They do not look like Thermold-type clips, but they are plastic and may work for you.  LMK if I can help.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:01:10 AM EDT
[#7]
mcnielsen,

How many?  Give me a price too.  I can try a few to see how well they work.  IM me.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:03:36 AM EDT
[#8]
texastactical

Yea!  And laziness is dad!

As soon as a get a milling machine (couple of months from now), a littele material from US plastic will put me where I want to be.  But for now, this makeshift setup works OK.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:39:42 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
texastactical

Yea!  And laziness is dad!

As soon as a get a milling machine (couple of months from now), a littele material from US plastic will put me where I want to be.  But for now, this makeshift setup works OK.

Thanks for the idea! I already got a mill set up, so you dont mind if i steal your idea and make a million dollars on it? You dont? OK thanks! bye.
j/k
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 11:50:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Thanks for the idea! I already got a mill set up, so you dont mind if i steal your idea and make a million dollars on it? You dont? OK thanks! bye.
j/k

Do you really think you're going to make a million dollars making stripper clips for the 4 5 8 guys who shoot 6.8 SPC?

Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:05:59 PM EDT
[#11]
If I thought the idea was worth a million, I'd have gone ahead and bought the mill & plastic, and been offering them for sale on every site I could think of.

Since you're ready, item #42213 @ http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=USPlastic&category%5Fname=8765&product%5Fid=10701 will make about 700 for $135.00 or so.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Now, what would be sweet is a stripper clip loading machine - to put the cartridges on the stripper clips.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:29:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I got one and she is sweet - been married to her for 23 years!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:32:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:51:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Canadian plastic stripper clips work so much better than our metal ones.  I trained with some canadian soldiers a couple of years ago and when we started to load magazines, they pulled out their ammo--30 rd boxes instead of our 20rd--and using plastic strippers and a guide you can load a magazine in about 10 sec.  The plastic allows the ammo to slide into the magazines almost effortlessly.  Unlike our strippers, that take forever and cut the heck out of your hands.  I wish Lake City would make 30 rd cardboard boxes for our ammo, the 20 rd magazine hasn't been around for a while.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top