Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2001 6:33:19 AM EDT
An "All Forums" search is not bringing back hits from the "Industry Forum", in fact, even if I specify the search should be confined to the "Industry Forum", the search seems to default back to "All Forums" and exclude hits in the "Industry Forum".  Example:

Keyword:  Vent
Match Exact Phrase
Fields:  (x) Topic Authors (x) Reply Authors
Forums:  All Forums
Date Range:  Last 3 days (Doesn't matter)

Results - posts I've made in the Bushmaster and Kurt's Custom threads don't show up.

Thanks GB for your help.
Link Posted: 8/10/2001 7:02:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Ooooo, is it fixed already?  Last refresh the stuff magically appeared. [:)]

Sorry about the [x] in the example.  I was trying to create check boxes with a left square bracket, x, and right square bracket.
Link Posted: 9/7/2001 8:50:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Same thing is happening again.  An "All Forums" search is not sweeping all of the forums during the search.  On an author search, I'm not getting hits from Industry Forums or the AR-10 forum even though I've authored items in them.  Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 9/10/2001 6:18:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:31:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Also, you can't select both the "topic authors" and "reply authors" simultaneously like you use to be able to.  Wacky!  Weird!  Wild!  [whacko]
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:31:48 PM EDT
[#5]
^

GB,

Figured I'd give you something to take your mind off of all this s#!+.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top