Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2001 2:45:04 PM EDT
Hey, Utah people, howcome you didnt pass this along?

SALT LAKE CITY (Reuters) - Police on Monday were searching for two men suspected of shooting to death two hunters and firing at police officers who chased them on foot, a police official said.

``The suspects are considered armed and dangerous,'' Helper City Chief of Police George Zamantakis said.

The victims' bodies were found Sunday evening near the Flaming Gorge Dam, a popular recreational area in northeast Utah, by a hunter who had heard shots, local media reports said.

The victims were shot by handguns and their truck was stolen.

Police spotted the truck later and chased the suspects who abandoned the vehicle a short time later.

Police believe the two suspects escaped on foot into the rugged hills and canyons surrounding the mining community of Helper, Utah about 150 miles from where the victims were shot.

Police said they did know the motive for the shootings.

``We did locate three weapons in the vehicle, two rifles and one handgun and other weapons are unaccounted for,'' Zamantakis said Monday.
View Quote

Allways travel armed out there, and be very cautious when approached by strangers...

Link Posted: 10/22/2001 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#1]
link [url]http://www.sltrib.com/10222001/utah/142264.htm[/url]

information is hard to find, are they afraid of scaring tourists or something?
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 3:18:45 PM EDT
[#2]
haven't those enviro-fags been stepping up their fatwahs against hunters lately?

I may have to hunt Utah this year, they allow rifle for wild turkey? wonder if there is mag limits, I need a reason to get a beta.

And if I happen to shoot an enviro-fag do wanton waste laws apply? do i have to tag him?
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 3:26:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hey, Utah people, howcome you didnt pass this along?

Sorry, I haven't watched the news or read the paper, other than gun ads, today.

Link Posted: 10/22/2001 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
haven't those enviro-fags been stepping up their fatwahs against hunters lately?

I may have to hunt Utah this year, they allow rifle for wild turkey? wonder if there is mag limits, I need a reason to get a beta.

And if I happen to shoot an enviro-fag do wanton waste laws apply? do i have to tag him?
View Quote

No but you do have to make sure they are armed.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 3:32:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
link [url]http://www.sltrib.com/10222001/utah/142264.htm[/url]

information is hard to find, are they afraid of scaring tourists or something?
View Quote

In a word, yes.
Tourism in Utah was down about 30% _before_ 911.
Lil' Leavitt(the Governor), and many others are sweatin it bigtime about the Olympics.
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 3:37:36 PM EDT
[#6]
That is low...Didn't the guys in the Miami FBI shootout get some of their weapons by pulling something similar?
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#7]
The victims were shot by handguns and their truck was stolen.
View Quote

No, Mr. Journalist, the victims were shot [b]with[/b] handguns.  Guns are instruments, not actors. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 7:53:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Any word on catching these merderous sons-a-bitches yet?

God Bless Texas

[edited to add murderous]
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:10:59 PM EDT
[#9]
It was a father, son combination that shot two hunters near Flaming Gorge, next to Wyoming. They stole the hunters pick-up and were seen in Price, which is about 4 hours away from the original crime seen. The two cops that saw them tried to set up a roadblock, and succeeded in spiking the tires of the truck. The two guys got out and shot it up with the cops and then fled on foot. That was last night. They are still on the loose.
The media is portraying the two as militia types. They have thier mug shots and they do resemble skin-heads
Link Posted: 10/22/2001 8:30:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It was a father, son combination that shot two hunters near Flaming Gorge, next to Wyoming.

The media is portraying the two as militia types. They have thier mug shots and they do resemble skin-heads
View Quote

Got a link to their pics?  The Salt Lake Tribune had minimal info on the story.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 3:09:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Did Lance and Kelbak escape from jail?

Well on second thought they know they're safe in jail..to chicken to escape....talk about pos.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 1:29:39 PM EDT
[#12]
No pics yet on the local papers.
Where did you see that, Shoo?
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 3:39:40 PM EDT
[#13]
What the hell i go fishin for a week and a all hell breaks lose got back at 1:00 AM tuesday morning
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#14]
They caught the two hiding in a shack.

www.deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,335007518,00.html?
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They caught the two hiding in a shack.

[url]www.deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,335007518,00.html?[/url]
View Quote

How do they know that they are militia memebers?
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 6:24:03 PM EDT
[#16]
When i hunt I carry a .44 just because of douche bags like that.
Link Posted: 10/23/2001 8:59:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Why, they must be militia members! Nobody else is wily enough to pull off an operation like that. What was thier motive anyways?
Link Posted: 10/24/2001 6:14:07 AM EDT
[#18]
They're still being tight lipped about how they know who to look for.  I'm thinking there is more to this case than we are being told.

God Bless Texas
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top