Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/16/2002 9:37:43 AM EDT
This guy is a piece of work. Look toward the end of the article for the good stuff. I inserted the Penn section of the article below. Just wondering if anyone else thinks that this is about as stupid as it gets. [url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,73086,00.html[/url]
At a news conference in the Iraqi capital Sunday, Penn called for restraint and reflection. "Simply put, if there is a war or continued sanctions against Iraq, the blood of Americans and Iraqis alike will be on our (American) hands," the actor said at the end of a three-day visit to Iraq. The visit was organized by the Institute for Public Accuracy, a research organization based in San Francisco. "I did not come here to criticize any government or president," Penn said, but he called on Washington to make public the evidence it claims it has that Iraq is stockpiling banned weapons. He said more information was needed in order for the "right thing to happen." Penn, who left Baghdad later Sunday, is among scores of celebrities who have spoken out, but the first to travel to Iraq to express his concerns. Earlier this month, Martin Sheen and Academy Award winners Kim Basinger, Helen Hunt, Olympia Dukakis, Susan Sarandon and director Jonathan Demme were among more than 100 entertainers who signed a letter urging President Bush to avoid a war on Iraq. Other Americans, some describing themselves as "human shields," are also trying to stop a war. Earlier this month, the Chicago-based Iraq advocacy group Voices in the Wilderness, organized a small peace demonstration in front of U.N. offices in Baghdad.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 9:43:03 AM EDT
This is strictly partisan BS. If Clinton was still in office or Gore was in office and doing exactly the same thing, you would not hear a peep from the Hollywierd types nor would you hear from the Iraq advocacy group mentioned. It just amazes me that such a group would be an advocate of a despot such as Saddam in opposition to their own country.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 9:50:31 AM EDT
Saying the words Sean Penn and Lame POS in the same sentence is redundant. A typical Hollyweird dufus! Who actuallu cares what he says? DA
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 9:54:04 AM EDT
Originally Posted By LARRYG: This is strictly partisan BS. If Clinton was still in office or Gore was in office and doing exactly the same thing, you would not hear a peep from the Hollywierd types nor would you hear from the Iraq advocacy group mentioned. It just amazes me that such a group would be an advocate of a despot such as Saddam in opposition to their own country.
View Quote
YA I don't recall seeing these fckheads causing a ruckus when their hero Klinton was in office. I hope the next AC-130 video has these so-called human shields in it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 10:01:50 AM EDT
I a totally opposed to this trumped up war, but who would miss one cruise missile?
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 10:40:01 AM EDT
Seans antics aside, and I've really yet to hear anything too bad, it is NOTHING compared to what Jane Fonda did. It is completely unreasonable to compare the two. This is a free country and Penn is lucky enough to have the money to travel anywhere he wants. And until I hear him say something innacurate or grossly anti American I will be reserving judgement. I think traveling to Islamic countries is a bad idea, nothing more.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 10:58:17 AM EDT
Originally Posted By SeaDweller: I hope the next AC-130 video has these so-called human shields in it.
View Quote
NICE! If we could only be so lucky![:\]
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 11:17:54 AM EDT
It was called a "personal fact finding mission"....WTF does he know about weapons inspections? I think he was there looking for contacts for his next score. I hear Iraqi hash is some knockout stuff.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 11:50:45 AM EDT
To the original question, it depends on whether Saddam likes boys or not. He probably does. Hope he gave Penn HIV or something. This whole thing is nothing more than a publicity grab. "See me. I went to Iraq!!" Hope I remember to boycott any of his future films.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 11:58:59 AM EDT
If he and his hollywood cronies are so unhappy with the policies here, they can leave and TRY and make movies in bagdad. No American should be bashing our Pres. in any foreign country.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 7:43:34 PM EDT
Hanoi Jane and Baghdad Spicolli.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 5:45:05 AM EDT
And don't swallow the nonsense about "It's their right to free speech." A. Free speech is what they are campaigning against. B. In the case of Hanoi Jane, our men were in the field. She was consorting with the enemy in time of war. It was only that the commies had already taken over the press that she wasn't prosecuted. Suppose in WWII someone had gone to Berlin or Tokyo and done the same. Sean Penn is only slightly lesser in that we are not yet in a war. I'd rather we did not go, but if we do, and our guys are dying, he is a traitor giving comfort to the enemy and should be treated as such. I'll respect former Rep. Jim Wright of Texas. He was having vociferous disagreements with President Reagan. As a Representative, it was his right and duty to speak his mind. On a trip to England (emphasizing, not an enemy country as North Viet Nam or potentially in the case of Iraq) a newspaper tried to get him into commentary against the President and US policy. Rep. Wright simply told them that his comments stopped at the water's edge, meaning, inside the US.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 5:59:26 AM EDT
Sean Penn is a stupid ignorant Liberal who thinks he is important cause he is a movie star. He THINKS he is important, as he really is not. Except to some misguided DUers. CRC
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 10:14:45 PM EDT
Does anyone remember the violent run-ins this punk has had with all sorts of people. A violent punk as a spokesperson for peace. Give me a break! Again, if his buddy Bill was doing this, he wouldn't be saying a word.
Top Top