Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/13/2002 5:42:44 AM EDT
December 13, 2002 Sean Penn Arrives in Baghdad for Three-Day Visit The actor and director Sean Penn arrived in Baghdad on Friday morning at the start of a three-day visit to Iraq. "By the invitation of the Institute for Public Accuracy, I have the privileged opportunity to pursue a deeper understanding of this frightening conflict," Penn said in a statement released in Washington and Baghdad on Friday. "I would hope that all Americans will embrace information available to them outside conventional channels. As a father, an actor, a filmmaker, and a patriot, my visit to Iraq is for me a natural extension of my obligation (at least attempt) to find my own voice on matters of conscience." Penn's visit to Iraq has been organized by the Institute for Public Accuracy, a national U.S. organization of policy analysts with offices in San Francisco and Washington, D.C. _______________________ For further information, contact: IN BAGHDAD -- Norman Solomon, Executive Director, Institute for Public Accuracy From the U.S., dial 011-964-1-886-1000 or 885-1000 IN THE UNITED STATES -- At the Institute: Sam Husseini, (202) 347-0020, (202) 421-6858; David Zupan, (541) 484-9167 http://www.accuracy.org/press_releases/PR121302.htm
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 5:43:46 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 5:48:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/13/2002 5:51:16 AM EDT by SFC_Rick]
Oh what a puke! He's making some observation that is going to do what? I could understand it if he was there to evaluate the bars, like this one is a one star, and this one is a three star. I saw the piece on Good Morning Amerika! Had to turn it off again. And he doesn't even have the balls like Jane Fonda,
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 5:57:29 AM EDT
Do ya' think they'll show him the graves of the tens of thousands of Kurdish women & children gassed to death by Saddam Hussein? Anyone got a link to that website showing Iraqi atrocities that was posted here a couple weeks ago?
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 6:03:26 AM EDT
Bomb Baghdad. Quickly before he gets away...
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 6:04:44 AM EDT
Wished they'd keep the asshole.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 6:06:27 AM EDT
Calling the Photoshop Army!! Please superimpose Sean P's head onto Saddam's body, preferably a pic of Saddam in fatigues and a beret. And then, show Madonna in back, whipping him.[:D]
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 6:13:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/13/2002 6:28:21 AM EDT by velocity]
So the man goes there to gather his own opinion and you guys jump on his back for it? I mean, not that he can gather a whole lot, I didn't say it was a genious plan but I didn't read anything in that snippet where he chastized Bush, or said Saddams a good man, did you? Personally I like his work regardless of his political beliefs(which at times in some are hard to look past but I do), but if I had the money and the means to go to Baghdad I would, just to see it before it's turned to a waste land.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 6:26:43 AM EDT
I'm a grown-up individual with a limited education, So I'm to believe that he just went their to check out the situation? C'mon how much dumming down of the populace can we have if you believe that. He went there like so many other actors/liberals/feeldogooders trying to make the actions of a dictator/murderer/tyrant look like he's the good guy facing off with the big bad evil/satan US. I wonder how many buried innocent women/children/villagers Sean Penn walked over will sipping his bottled water?
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 6:35:35 AM EDT
You know, nothing gets my blood boiling more than these sanctimoneous Hollywood types who, in their never-ending quest to get their faces on the TV and newspapers, constantly interject themselves into situations like this. They are NOT experts, but everyone treats them like their opinions are so much more important than anyone else's. I long for the good old days when actors simply ACTED and didn't get all "involved". Makes me sick.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 6:39:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 6:47:29 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 82ndAbn:
Originally Posted By velocity: So the man goes there to gather his own opinion and you guys jump on his back for it? I mean, not that he can gather a whole lot, I didn't say it was a genious plan but I didn't read anything in that snippet where he chastized Bush, or said Saddams a good man, did you? Personally I like his work regardless of his political beliefs(which at times in some are hard to look past but I do), but if I had the money and the means to go to Baghdad I would, just to see it before it's turned to a waste land.
View Quote
...............................[url]http://www.paratrooper.net/aotw/commo/smilies/icon_smile_lol.gif[/url]..................................
View Quote
Hmm, please inform me of what's so funny? Like I said, it's not the brightes thing to do, but he at least doesn't come off like Barbara Striesand. I've also said it before so I'll say it again here, to me Bush hasn't made a great case for this war(even though I back it 100%) I mean, god forbid I think for myself on this one.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 6:54:15 AM EDT
Give him time, Velocity, give him time. He has has anti-US/Bush diatribe all written up - he's just waiting for an opportunity to use it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 6:56:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/13/2002 6:59:32 AM EDT by velocity]
Originally Posted By Greywolf2112: Give him time, Velocity, give him time. He has has anti-US/Bush diatribe all written up - he's just waiting for an opportunity to use it.
View Quote
I know I know... But as for now, I can't say much about him, when he starts spouting the anit war crap, then I'll jump on the bandwagon. Edit because, I don't mean I'll jump on the anti bandwagon but the F* sean penn wagon.[:D]
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 8:37:25 AM EDT
Ya think me and 82nd could get in if we showed up with a GPS and started marking coordinates for arty?
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 9:00:42 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 9:10:27 AM EDT
[img]http://www.rippleillusions.com/spicoli.gif[/img] [size=6]Hey Dude, is that like a gun...?[/size=6]
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 9:27:56 AM EDT
Hey guys, give him a break. He's actually spying for the CIA. Maybe he has a minature bomb stuck up his ass which he plans to detonate when he meets Saddam.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 9:58:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/13/2002 10:02:28 AM EDT by NYPatriot]
When will people realize that actors are just shaved circus monkeys who have a knack for imitation & mimicry. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 10:10:23 AM EDT
Rush is talking about this now.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 10:22:11 AM EDT
He called himself a "patriot", a farking "patriot"! Shit I wanna [puke]! Ah excuse me but fuck him!
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 10:25:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By velocity:
Originally Posted By 82ndAbn:
Originally Posted By velocity: So the man goes there to gather his own opinion and you guys jump on his back for it? I mean, not that he can gather a whole lot, I didn't say it was a genious plan but I didn't read anything in that snippet where he chastized Bush, or said Saddams a good man, did you? Personally I like his work regardless of his political beliefs(which at times in some are hard to look past but I do), but if I had the money and the means to go to Baghdad I would, just to see it before it's turned to a waste land.
View Quote
...............................[url]http://www.paratrooper.net/aotw/commo/smilies/icon_smile_lol.gif[/url]..................................
View Quote
Hmm, please inform me of what's so funny? Like I said, it's not the brightes thing to do, but he at least doesn't come off like Barbara Striesand. I've also said it before so I'll say it again here, to me Bush hasn't made a great case for this war(even though I back it 100%) I mean, god forbid I think for myself on this one.
View Quote
I can't imagine Penn being able to learn anything, but it would be interesting to go take a look around. I'm not going to jump all over him before he has said or done anything inappropriate. And you're right about making the case to go to war. Perhaps it was all saber-rattling to get the inspectors back in there, to make sure that Sodom (heh) doesn't go any further in developing WMD.
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 1:10:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Shrike9: December 13, 2002 Sean Penn Arrives in Baghdad for Three-Day Visit _______________________ For further information, contact: IN BAGHDAD -- Norman Solomon, Executive Director, Institute for Public Accuracy IN THE UNITED STATES -- At the Institute: Sam Husseini, (202) 347-0020, (202) 421-6858; David Zupan, (541) 484-9167
View Quote
Husseini??, Zupan?? Gee, I wonder where they're coming from in this thing, and exactly who is bankrolling this "Institute". Couldn't be the Iraqis or Saudis or Al Queda could it? Naw--a "Good American" like Sean Penn couldn't be taken in be an Arab conspiracy---could he? After all, he's a hard headed Hollywoodite. Riiiight
Link Posted: 12/13/2002 1:22:24 PM EDT
I hope someone frags that chickenshit fucker and steals his woman. Merry Christmas, Ropes
Top Top