Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/30/2008 4:35:38 AM EDT
Alrighty,
I'm about to embark on my first DIY job. I have to seal my driveway. SO...what are the better products out there that you all recommend?
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 4:46:18 AM EDT
Where in MD are you. My boss has a driveway sealing service that he does as side job and he is reasonably priced. we brush the boarders on and spray the centers. we also put it on thicker then most of the other jobs I have seen. Preping the surface takes the most time. you want the driveway to be as clean and dry as possibly. you want to clean all the dirt and loose stones off and make sure the isnt anything on the driveway before you start. its not to hard just time consuming if your not spraying it on.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 12:07:58 PM EDT
This is my gig!! Finally I can be of use instead of asking questions. Prep is everything. Get all loose material off the drive, we use a power broom and a blower, a power washer would do nice as well. Once it is dry follow directions on your sealer... do not get creative they know how the product works. You will do just fine if you do not cut corners and take the time and money needed.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 3:16:41 PM EDT
Let's give this a bump since I am doing this this weekend.

Anyone have a recommendation on a sealer? Looking at using this.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:54:50 AM EDT
i know sherwin williams sell sealers. i think they only in come in 1 gallons.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:00:31 AM EDT
Best advice, wear old shoes, because you will step in it at some point during the day.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:57:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PaperStreet:

Thanks.

I used the exact shit you show in your picture. It's nothing more than black paint IMHO. I did my driveway in 2006 and it is almost all gone/worn away. I'm having a professional come in and do the driveway for me this year.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 2:45:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TRW:

Originally Posted By PaperStreet:

Thanks.

I used the exact shit you show in your picture. It's nothing more than black paint IMHO. I did my driveway in 2006 and it is almost all gone/worn away. I'm having a professional come in and do the driveway for me this year.

Thanks TRW.

I didn't get to it this weekend due to forecasted rain. Glad I waited as it down poured about 3 hours after I would have finished the job.

Mind if I ask what you paid to have it done professionally? I thought about that but I have an aversion to 'contractors' (no offense to any reading).

Top Top