Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2002 4:22:14 PM EDT
[url]http://www.sealandgov.org/index.html[/url]

Principality Notice
PN 011/01: Sealand offers assistance to US

20 September 2001
The Principality condemns the recent global terrorist activities and announces that any such related activity whether real or intended undertaken within its Territorial limits shall be considered an act against Sealand Criminal Code which provides for placing any persons suspected of such activities under immediate arrest and detention at the Sovereign's pleasure.

The Principality has communicated directly with the United States of America offering its resources and making them available not only to the USA but to any State for the purpose of suppressing terrorist acts of any kind. Its sympathy and concern for all effected was expressed.

The Principality is on a state of alert, and all activities are currently subject to scrutiny by Sealand authorities who are co-operating as appropriate with the International community to combat terrorism of whatever kind.

Link Posted: 3/27/2002 4:29:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Well we're safe now.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 4:30:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 4:48:41 PM EDT
[#3]
This guy either has a monumental ego, great sense of humor or he is insane.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 4:57:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Sean has a good sense of humor, but is obviously as outraged as any other American.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:19:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Two-faced hypocrites!  The owner has spent years bragging about Sealand's absolute neutrality (not just neutral like Switzerland, but to use his words, "actively neutral"), and how no matter what you host with them, they will host it as long as you pay.  Getting out from under oppressive laws in other countries is the entire point of their data center.  Now, they're offering their resources to any country to stop any person accused of one type of crime?z
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:29:50 PM EDT
[#6]
belive it or not sealand is an actual country.

they have there own flag, national anthem, territorrial waters, no military, or independant currency though.

they are located about 6 miles off great brittan and the claim has been upheld by british courts.

its kinda cool if you ask me, but small, i wouldn't mind owning my own country myself.

[img]www.fruitsofthesea.demon.co.uk/sealand/images/fortress.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Two-faced hypocrites!  The owner has spent years bragging about Sealand's absolute neutrality (not just neutral like Switzerland, but to use his words, "actively neutral"), and how no matter what you host with them, they will host it as long as you pay.  Getting out from under oppressive laws in other countries is the entire point of their data center.  Now, they're offering their resources to any country to stop any person accused of one type of crime?z
View Quote

The eccentric owner and the people doing the hosting ("HavenCo") came to an agreement. The latter have a libertarian philosophy and among their clients are people like the Dalai Lhama. They are only saying that they want to assist law enforcement regarding the 9-11 attack if their servers were used in any way by the terrorists.

There are limits zoom.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 8:04:48 PM EDT
[#8]
WTH is that in the picture, a CANNON?  They could repel SERIOUS borders with that if it is!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 8:31:33 PM EDT
[#9]
WOW!!

This guy has it made. England can't touch him, and neither can anyone else. He doesn't pay taxes, takes shots at ships that cross into his territory and is now using the hollow "legs" of the platform for data storage.

Since he is considered a sovereign nation, I wonder if he can legally by military hardware? I'm sure Russian factories could provide him with a fast attack boat or two.

Av.

EDIT: I'm SURE he could convice some tech guys to pop for a fast attack boat. I know I would help chip in if I was asked and as long as I got a ride.
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 8:43:38 PM EDT
[#10]
that do-hickey is a crane. The platform used to be a AAA site in WWII, but they took off all the armaments long ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top