Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2002 9:57:42 PM EDT
Bausch and Lomb sold Bushnell and the Bausch and Lomb scope division to Bushnell® Performance Optics.
Bushnell is a privately held company funded by Wind Point Partners, a private equity investment firm.

Bushnell just bought Tasco on July 3rd of this year. Tasco declared bankrupcy in May of 2002.

Ray-Ban is now owned by Luxottica, along with Killer Loop, Revo, Porsche, Arnette, I’s, Suncloud, Dana Buchman, and Liz Claiborne.

Sheese!

Why should I care?
I have had three sets of Ray-Bans at Bausch and Lomb for over 6 months now awaiting repair.

The broken Bushnell Sportview scope I have will not be accepted by Bushnell for repairs. I have to return it to Wally World, but Wally won't take it back without a reciept.

Ain't corporate AMerika just grand...[whacko]

Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:19:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Granted this was a few years back,but bushnell accepted and repaired a similar scope I sent them with copy of purchase receipt.I thought they had a lifetime warrenty? Turn it in at Wally World for credit....on another scope.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:33:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Bausch and Lomb sold Bushnell and the Bausch and Lomb scope division to Bushnell® Performance Optics.
Bushnell is a privately held company funded by Wind Point Partners, a private equity investment firm.

Bushnell just bought Tasco on July 3rd of this year. Tasco declared bankrupcy in May of 2002.

Ray-Ban is now owned by Luxottica, along with Killer Loop, Revo, Porsche, Arnette, I’s, Suncloud, Dana Buchman, and Liz Claiborne.

Sheese!

Why should I care?
I have had three sets of Ray-Bans at Bausch and Lomb for over 6 months now awaiting repair.

The broken Bushnell Sportview scope I have will not be accepted by Bushnell for repairs. I have to return it to Wally World, but Wally won't take it back without a reciept.

Ain't corporate AMerika just grand...[whacko]

View Quote
I have never had a problem getting Wally World to take anything back, even without a receipt, especially if it is for store credit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top