Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/9/2002 8:57:42 PM EST
Bausch and Lomb sold Bushnell and the Bausch and Lomb scope division to Bushnell® Performance Optics. Bushnell is a privately held company funded by Wind Point Partners, a private equity investment firm. Bushnell just bought Tasco on July 3rd of this year. Tasco declared bankrupcy in May of 2002. Ray-Ban is now owned by Luxottica, along with Killer Loop, Revo, Porsche, Arnette, I’s, Suncloud, Dana Buchman, and Liz Claiborne. Sheese! Why should I care? I have had three sets of Ray-Bans at Bausch and Lomb for over 6 months now awaiting repair. The broken Bushnell Sportview scope I have will not be accepted by Bushnell for repairs. I have to return it to Wally World, but Wally won't take it back without a reciept. Ain't corporate AMerika just grand...[whacko]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:19:28 AM EST
Granted this was a few years back,but bushnell accepted and repaired a similar scope I sent them with copy of purchase receipt.I thought they had a lifetime warrenty? Turn it in at Wally World for credit....on another scope.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 5:33:05 AM EST
Originally Posted By USNJoe: Bausch and Lomb sold Bushnell and the Bausch and Lomb scope division to Bushnell® Performance Optics. Bushnell is a privately held company funded by Wind Point Partners, a private equity investment firm. Bushnell just bought Tasco on July 3rd of this year. Tasco declared bankrupcy in May of 2002. Ray-Ban is now owned by Luxottica, along with Killer Loop, Revo, Porsche, Arnette, I’s, Suncloud, Dana Buchman, and Liz Claiborne. Sheese! Why should I care? I have had three sets of Ray-Bans at Bausch and Lomb for over 6 months now awaiting repair. The broken Bushnell Sportview scope I have will not be accepted by Bushnell for repairs. I have to return it to Wally World, but Wally won't take it back without a reciept. Ain't corporate AMerika just grand...[whacko]
View Quote
I have never had a problem getting Wally World to take anything back, even without a receipt, especially if it is for store credit.
Top Top