Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/8/2012 9:08:09 AM EDT
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2098258/Who-needs-coffee-Save-time-inhaling-instead-new-shot-caffeine-hits-market.html

A single unit costs $2.99 at convenience, mom-and-pop, liquor and online stores.

Biomedical
engineering professor David Edwards said AeroShot is safe and does not
contain common additives, like taurine, used to amplify the caffeine
effect in common energy drinks.

Each
grey-and-yellow plastic canister contains 100 milligrams of caffeine
powder, about the amount in a large cup of coffee, plus B vitamins.

But Democratic U.S.
Senator Charles Schumer of New York wants the U.S. Food and Drug
Administration to review AeroShot, saying he fears it will be used as a
club drug so that young people can drink until they drop.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:10:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I think caffeine inhalers are a stupid idea, but I think freedom is a great idea!

What the fuck do I care what people drink, snort, or inhale?

Mind your own goddamn business. Don't want caffeine, don't have any.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:13:24 AM EDT
[#2]
how is this different than 200mg caffeine pills beyond absorption rate. Caffeine pills cost pennies.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:14:58 AM EDT
[#3]
How is it different, in a regulatory sense, than shotgunning two cups of coffee?

God I wish we still lived in a free country.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:15:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

how is this different than 200mg caffeine pills beyond absorption rate. Caffeine pills cost pennies.

BECAUSE FAGGOT SAID SO.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

How is it different, in a regulatory sense, than shotgunning two cups of coffee?

BECAUSE FAGGOT SAID SO.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:15:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2098258/Who-needs-coffee-Save-time-inhaling-instead-new-shot-caffeine-hits-market.html

But Democratic U.S. Senator Charles Schumer of New York wants the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to review AeroShot, saying he fears it will be used as a club drug so that young people can drink until they drop.

In other words, "We can't ban alcohol again without another constitutional amendment, and we know that min. drinking ages don't prevent minors from consuming alcohol, so we'll just ban everything else."

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:18:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think caffeine inhalers are a stupid idea, but I think freedom is a great idea!
What the fuck do I care what people drink, snort, or inhale?

Mind your own goddamn business. Don't want caffeine, don't have any.

Nice first post.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:20:13 AM EDT
[#8]
ban chuck schumer
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:20:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Does anyone remember "Alcohol Without Liquid" (AWOL)? It was essentially inhalable alcohol that would get you mucho fucked up off a fraction of what you'd need to drink but without the nasty side effects like upset stomachs and hangovers. I wonder what Shumer would think of that idea....
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But Democratic U.S. Senator Charles Schumer of New York wants the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to review AeroShot, saying he fears it will be used as a club drug so that young people can drink until they drop.

In other words, "We can't ban alcohol again without another constitutional amendment, and we know that min. drinking ages don't prevent minors from consuming alcohol, so we'll just ban everything else."

He's comparing them to "club drugs" and to me that would include this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poppers

Yet I don't hear of him going after those.  

Maybe because it's big in the gay community and he likes a few poppers before getting fucked in the ass himself?

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:25:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

God I wish we still lived in a free country.

Because he wants to legislate something. WAR ON DRUGS RAWR! SUGAR? DRUGS! AIR?! DRUGS!!

Actually guys like him won't be happy until they can control every aspect of your life. Say what did you have for breakfast? We need to regulate that too.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Say what did you have for breakfast? We need to regulate that too.

That's not funny, because you know damn well that bacon is "unhealthy" and we gotsta tax them fatties for the childrens and the healthcares.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:29:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's not funny, because you know damn well that bacon is "unhealthy" and we gotsta tax them fatties for the childrens and the healthcares.

And the pigs. Think of all the pigs we could save if we started regulating bacon to drive down consumption!
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Schumer is a fucking idiot.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:30:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
ban chuck schumer

Let freedom ring.  Ban all lib-tards.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:32:48 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Because it might be perceived as fun or trendy.

NO FUN OF ANY KIND!

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Well it's obvious it should be banned because Chucky says so and he knows better how to live your life than you do!

If someone wants to do that, fine by me. It's their choice and the substance in question is fully legal. He needs to GTFO of people's lives and do focus on our real problems.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:40:25 AM EDT
[#18]
He saved the innocent children from the hideous danger of Four Loko.

Now he'll save them caffeine shots that might possibly allow them to have fun at parties.

God bless you, Chuck. You are a real-life Dean Wormer.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:48:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Actually guys like him won't be happy until they can control every aspect of your life.

That's it, the beginning and the end of it.  Period.   It doesn't make sense only because people focus on the tedium, when you look at the larger picture it is perfectly clear.   Absolutely everything that they can control and hold power over, they seek to control and hold power over.   It doesn't matter if it's what you drink, eat, inhale, or where you shit it out.   They want their say in it and to take a cut of it.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:48:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Every day someone posts about the decline of america, the problem with America, neo they weep for America, etc all citing a variety of reasons.

However, the true problem lies in that people have simply forgotten how to mind their own god damn mother fucking business.

I wish my life was so simple and so boring that I could waste my energy concerning myself with what other people do.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:49:58 AM EDT
[#21]

But Democratic U.S. Senator Charles Schumer of New York, in yet another pathetically desperate attempt to appear relevant and garner some camera time, wants the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to review AeroShot, saying he fears it will be used as a club drug so that young people can drink until they drop.

Fixed
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And the pigs. Think of all the pigs we could save if we started regulating bacon to drive down consumption!

And then we could give them to the Africans and Haitians because Americans are fat and greedy and we need to give our fair share to the starving people and save the world in a green and not fat kind of sustainable way.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:52:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Maybe this is why we need a part time legislature.

These dicks sit around with their thumbs or something else up their asses and have to think of ways to justify their existance.

Stay the fuck home chucky you dick faced commie.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 9:57:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Well, I just ordered a 12 pack simply 'cause Chucky doesn't like 'em.

Company website is slow as hell. I imagine they're getting slammed with orders because of 'ole chuckie.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 10:01:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Every day someone posts about the decline of america, the problem with America, neo they weep for America, etc all citing a variety of reasons.

However, the true problem lies in that people have simply forgotten how to mind their own god damn mother fucking business.

I wish my life was so simple and so boring that I could waste my energy concerning myself with what other people do.

this, right here.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 10:04:14 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Company website is slow as hell. I imagine they're getting slammed with orders because of 'ole chuckie.

Stick one in your mouth and one in each nostril

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 10:05:52 AM EDT
[#27]
I predict prescription only espresso.
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 10:08:53 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I predict prescription only espresso.

The best part of waking up ... doing lines of fine grind.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 10:09:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Now he'll save them caffeine shots that might possibly allow them to have fun at parties.

http://www.boston.com/sports/columnists/pierce/dean%20wormer.png

Dean Wormer had a hot wife.

Schumer?

Not so much............

Mrs. Chuckie.

(No wonder he's always spoiling other people's fun).
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 10:10:45 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Schumer?

Not so much............

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/callgood/iweinshall.jpg

Mrs. Chuckie.

That's a man, baby!

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:05:06 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

I'd show her my cucumber.

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 11:07:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Schumer?

Not so much............

Mrs. Chuckie.

I wonder if her and schmuck make 'home movies'?
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 4:01:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Schumer?

Not so much............

Mrs. Chuckie.

I wonder if her and schmuck make 'home movies'?

I could have gone my whole life without that mental image, but noooo....

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/8/2012 4:05:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Is this like snorting pixie sticks?

Link Posted: 2/8/2012 4:09:38 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Schumer?

Not so much............

Mrs. Chuckie.

HMMMMM

Link Posted: 2/18/2012 6:50:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Little bit of an update - I received my order. Chuckie doesn't need to worry about these things, no one will ever try it more than once. They have the nastyist, most bitter tast I've ever experienced, and it gave me an instant headache that didn't go away for hours. Fucking awful, and this is coming form a serious caffeine junkie.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 6:52:26 PM EDT
[#37]
I think Schumer should be banned.
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 6:53:58 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Little bit of an update - I received my order. Chuckie doesn't need to worry about these things, no one will ever try it more than once. They have the nastyist, most bitter tast I've ever experienced, and it gave me an instant headache that didn't go away for hours. Fucking awful, and this is coming form a serious caffeine junkie.

I can't believe you actually tried it.... without getting someone dumber to test it first.

Back in the day someone had a bottle of some sort of lab grade caffeine, I remember it was bitter and nasty stuff.

Can't really figure out why anyone would want to inhale the stuff.

Link Posted: 2/18/2012 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Does anyone remember "Alcohol Without Liquid" (AWOL)? It was essentially inhalable alcohol that would get you mucho fucked up off a fraction of what you'd need to drink but without the nasty side effects like upset stomachs and hangovers. I wonder what Shumer would think of that idea....

I never heard of this before wow!!

that is crazy sir....
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 9:18:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Eichmann-Schumer needs to be banned from civilization.

Link Posted: 2/18/2012 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

IIRC NY banned those
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top