Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/18/2007 12:31:05 PM EDT

On January 16, 2002, Peter Odighizuwa, 43, a student at Appalachian School of Law from Nigeria, arrived on the campus. [1] While numerous reports stated that Odighizuwa had flunked out of school or had been suspended, Jeremy Davis, a dean and professor of law at the school, later said that Odighizuwa had withdrawn voluntarily due to poor academic performance.[2]

Odighizuwa first discussed his academic problems with professor Dale Rubin, where he reportedly told Rubin to pray for him.[3] Odighizuwa then walked to the offices of Dean Anthony Sutin and Professor Thomas Blackwell, where he opened fire on them with a .380 ACP semi-automatic handgun. According to a county coroner, powder burns indicated that both victims were shot at point blank range.[4] Also killed along with the two faculty members was a student, Angela Denise Dales, age 33. Three other people were wounded.

[edit] Armed students subdued the shooter

When Odighizuwa exited the building where the shooting took place, he was approached by two students with personal firearms.[5]

At the first sound of gunfire, fellow students Tracy Bridges and Mikael Gross, unbeknownst to each other, ran to their vehicles to fetch their personally owned firearms.[6] Gross, a police officer with the Grifton Police Department in his home state of North Carolina, retrieved a bulletproof vest and a 9 mm pistol.[7] Bridges pulled his .357 Magnum pistol from beneath the driver's seat of his Chevy Tahoe. As Bridges later told the Richmond Times Dispatch, he was prepared to shoot to kill.

Bridges and Gross approached Odighizuwa from different angles, with Bridges yelling at Odighizuwa to drop his gun.[9] Odighizuwa then dropped his firearm and was subdued by several other unarmed students.[10] Once Odighizuwa was securely held down, Gross went back to his vehicle and retrieved handcuffs to detain Odighizuwa until police could arrive.

Police reports later noted that two empty eight round magazines designed for Odighizuwa’s handgun were recovered. While some sources report that when Odighizuwa dropped his handgun, it still had a magazine holding three rounds of ammunition within it[11], other sources state that he dropped the gun only when the magazine was empty.[12]

ended better....
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:00:43 PM EDT
Holy Crap you should send that to O'rielly and Hannity. just for kicks send it to the NY Times.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 5:16:51 PM EDT
Just sent it to Hannity...


Link Posted: 4/18/2007 8:54:46 PM EDT
Me too!!! Thats two of us. I hope they pick it up.
Top Top