Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 1:44:24 PM EDT
What do you guys think about school I.D's. Evil marking system or a good way to keep kids safe?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:46:23 PM EDT
[#1]
essential to keeping track of who is who in a school with 3000+ students.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The last school my GF taught at (now she's in a super preppy commuter-parent school) mandated uniforms colored by grade level.  It was very easy to tell who was trying to sneak into the wrong lunches to sell weed and their IDs around their necks made it easy to deal with "I ain't tellin' you!" before a kid ran for it.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:56:43 PM EDT
[#3]
probably a somewhat ineffective way to keep kids safer....

At the high school i went to you could get by with any kind of id, because all 98% of teachers/ staff would do is glance as you walk down the halls.  If you had something that didn't look completely different, you wouldn't ever be noticed.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:05:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I work for a company that works in education technology.  One of our products uses RFID chips in the student IDs.  They use it for dorm/classroom access, as well as activating the washing machines, buying things from vending machines, buying books, etc.  Anything you spend money on on campus, and even near campus (want pizza?  don't need cash, just use your student ID with our company point-of-sale machine).

Technology in the education market is just getting started.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:08:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I.D.s alone is feel good B.S.

Combined with a monitoring system is getting on the right track.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:16:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I work for a company that works in education technology.  One of our products uses RFID chips in the student IDs.  They use it for dorm/classroom access, as well as activating the washing machines, buying things from vending machines, buying books, etc.  Anything you spend money on on campus, and even near campus (want pizza?  don't need cash, just use your student ID with our company point-of-sale machine).

Technology in the education market is just getting started.

I'm curious, what company do you work for?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top