Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2001 5:57:05 PM EDT
Well, I'm off to college next year.  I've got about 9 grand free so far, know of any scholarships for shooters or nra members?

Thanks,
Adam
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 2:45:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh, come on, there's gotta be something?
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:06:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 4:14:45 PM EDT
[#3]
4-H has some type of scholarship program for young shooters.  We attended an event last year where my wife's shooting group gave 18 college scholarships to Texas 4-H shooters.

Don't know any details, but 4-H evidently has an organized program.  4-H shooters at the event ranged in age from 11 to 19 years.  They were quite a group.  Two among them are striving for the Olympics.  One was going from Texas to Germany to compete and the other was going from Texas to Turkey for a competition and then on to Germany.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 6:35:02 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are looking for support, you are only going to find it in ISU (Olympic) disciplines.  You are limited to smallbore and air rifle for rifle sports.  (Never seen support for 300 meter).  Some of the larger colleges still have teams and you might contact the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs.  I believe Wanda Jewell is the director of the shooting sports and she should have a list somewhere.

HTH....SRM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top