Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2002 3:02:18 PM EDT
Anybody else think the sniper in MD is really crazy in the head ala Son of Sam?

CRC
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 3:47:39 PM EDT
[#1]
No

Yes

No

Yes

No...
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 3:50:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Of course not!

I think he's a perfectly sane individual. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 10/9/2002 6:30:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, it sure gets more complicated. Religion enters the picture, sort of. And certainly not the normal kind. Whether or not this one is an Islamic terrorist, Islamic terrorists are watching and taking notes.
I'm starting to think it's unlikely that it's an Islamist, or a woman (refering to some speculations in another post).

Now I'd be looking at the victims to see if they had certain "markers"-crosses, fishes, bumper stickers,  or lack of; clean cut, no piercings, hard working honest appearing types, etc. Random generally isn't, and this shooter is aiming at catagories of people he deosn't identify with. While that is probably most of society, what common characteristics or general catagories do the victims fall into? Some may only  fall into "target of opportunity" but something perhaps could be gleaned?

Maybe an anarchist pissed that the protests are so peaceful now?

Link Posted: 10/9/2002 6:41:02 PM EDT
[#4]
no, "he" is sane.

i think it's a group of terrorists and they have all fired one round each.
i expect they are well trained, also cool calm and motivated.  they will be hard to catch and kill.  these people know and have studied their "targets and target areas" and any outsiders (under cover FBI) will cause the snipers to lay low or relocate to another city.    

if you think about it this is what terrorism is about.  crashing planes into building is a form of guerrilla warfare not terrorism.  people are not afraid of planes in the very real and personal way a sniper can terrorize them.  the only thing that leads me to believe it's a single sniper is that more cities have not been struck.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top