Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2004 6:38:26 PM EDT
I just started using Pinaud Bay Rum, myself. Very nice smell, indeed. Any of you use anything besides soap, shampoo, and deodorant to alter your smell? Do other people tend to like it? Do they faint out of disgust? How many people are going to respond to this thread by saying "hoppe's" or another smelly gun-cleaning-product?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:39:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Not a thing goes on me, other than water, not even soap.  I ahve great skin and smell fantastic!
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I have alergies so I don't use em' or really like em' all that much.   Just some Brut Stick Deoderant under each pit and I'm good to go.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:41:21 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Not a thing goes on me, other than water, not even soap.  I ahve great skin and smell fantastic!

said the loneliest man in the world
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:47:55 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<lol>, no doubt.

I stopped using deoderant about 6 years ago, not wanting to put that much aluminum directly into my body, and I have never used soap as it always seemed o do more harm than good.

Plain old water works wonders, for the hard stuff, a good soak in the steam room, a 15 minute'er in the whirlpool and then a shower cleans even themost stubborn dirt off of me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<lol>, no doubt.

I stopped using deoderant about 6 years ago, not wanting to put that much aluminum directly into my body, and I have never used soap as it always seemed o do more harm than good.

Plain old water works wonders, for the hard stuff, a good soak in the steam room, a 15 minute'er in the whirlpool and then a shower cleans even themost stubborn dirt off of me.

Imagine that...a bathroom that is bigger than my entire house and there is no soap in there.  Wow!

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 6:57:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<lol>, no doubt.

Imagine that...a bathroom that is bigger than my entire house and there is no soap in there.  Wow!

Not even a little soap.  Amazing, isn't it?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought only anti-persperants had aluminium in em'. Deorderant is just to make you smell good, it doesn't stop you from sweating. I won't use an anti-persperant only deorderant because I don't think it's healthy not to sweat. I do use soap, Zest to be exsact, soap won't hurt ya', it's just pig fat and lye with something to make it smell good. Even today it's still made the same way as it was way back when, they just don't tell people because it'd turn em' off to using it. Now there's a question, do Muslims use soap being that it's made from pig fat?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:06:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Is there Kosher soap? That would be interesting to know now that we all know how it works.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:07:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Zest is for wimps.

Lava (More pumice! YAH!) & Go-Jo (which makes a great mousse, I might add) and you are GTG.

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:08:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Not against anything oil or grease-based, it doesn't (as I can attest to after changing the fuel pump on the damn car for the second time in two days ).
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't know that glycerin soaps are made from pig-fat and lye. And I think that some vegetable oils would be cheaper than pig-fat, anyway.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't use deodorant or anti-perspirant either. They give me a rash.
(I do shower twice a day and don't perspire)

I want to buy some of that "Axe" stuff because the guys in the commericals get all the hot chicks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:11:39 PM EDT
[#14]
sometimes I use some ARAMIS or POLO, but only when Im dressed up for a trip or some special occasions.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:11:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:12:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
... a good soak in the steam room, a 15 minute'er in the whirlpool and then a shower cleans even themost stubborn dirt off of me.

hielo:

Most people on this site don't have 30+ minutes to clean themselves after they mow the lawn, much less the facilities to do as you suggest.

If you are legit, you are a braggart and show-off to the nth degree.

If not, you need professional help.

Corey

PS  Wanna bet where my money goes on this one?
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:12:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not against anything oil or grease-based, it doesn't (as I can attest to after changing the fuel pump on the damn car for the second time in two days ).

I try to avoid anything that is oil or greased based <s>.

On the occasions when I can't, I use this stuff that comes in a little tub, that has lanolin in it, and it also doesn't need to be washed off, but I always do, as I don't like that kind of stuff on me.

I think it is called waterless cleasner?  Or something along those lines, works good.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:19:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Study: Ivory Soap Made From 56/100% Human Bone

by Jason Roth

In an announcement that could change the face of bathing for years to come, the Procter & Gamble corporation today confirmed a study that revealed human bone content in Ivory soap.

A spokesman for Procter & Gamble said that the "99 44/100% Pure" claim the company has used since the nineteenth century is entirely true. According to the spokesman, "The slogan wouldn't have sounded as good if we had mentioned the gas chambers."

After years of implying that Ivory's purity was a good thing, the company is reversing their position. "It's not the purity of the soap that makes it so good, but the human bones," the Procter & Gamble spokesman said.

A source within the company said Procter & Gamble has been privately endorsing "strong and healthy bones" for years. Unconfirmed reports show a $100 mil. anonymous donation to the California Fluid Milk Processor Advisory Board, owner of the trademark "got milk?"

It is unknown whether the company will stop harvesting human bodies for use in its soap products. One source said the company is considering changing their slogan to "Got boned?"

This is a Joke, Right???
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 7:22:42 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I try to avoid anything that is oil or greased based <s>.

Your man servant takes care of that nasty business for you I suppose.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top