Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2004 4:09:59 PM EDT
The one that does it for me for some reason is that one with Mel G. when he is on the farm and they get invaded by aliens.

Anyway the shot where he looks out the window and sees the alien on the farm roof.  That is just wierd cause I could imagine being on a farm in the middle of no where and what that would be like.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
When I was a kid and watched the one about the babysitter getting threatening phone calls and then learning that the calls were coming from upstairs in the same house, that got me a bit freaked.

"When A Stranger Calls". Good flick.
"Have you checked the children?"
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:15:28 PM EDT
[#3]
When ever Sean Penn or Rosie O'Donnel walks across the screan.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#4]
The end of Blair Witch Project, when they are in the basement of the house.
I thought the whole movie was pretty realistic, and actually funny, until that scene. That's when it became supernatural.
Nothing I can kill scares me, but that part, shudder.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:15:53 PM EDT
[#5]
One that looks really freaky is the grudge.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:18:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Almost everything in "The Exorcist"
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:20:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Almost any part of the new "Texas Chainsaw Massacre". That was an absolutely awesome horror movie.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 4:21:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Almost everything in "The Exorcist"

Yeah the upside down crabwalk thing was creepy

House of a 1000 corpses was creepy also, that movie could happen in real life.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:15:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm surprised no one has mentioned a fairly recent horror film, "The Ring".  That scene in the beginning where they show the corpse of that girl who watched the video scared the hell out of me.

Also, what about the original "Psycho", not that recent remake crap.  Anyone who says that shower scene didn't make them a bit edgy about taking showers after watching that is lyin.  The scene where "mother" (ka Norman Bates) runs out and stabs that private investigator wasn't so much scary as it was just surprising.  Makes ya jump, but only cuz you didn't expect it.

And how about Stanley Kubrick's "The Shining"?  I don't think that the movie had scary scenes like "Exorcist", but what made that one so scary was that you can imagine being isolated in the middle of nowhere with virtually no way out, and having a family member turn on you like that and try to kill you.  That whole movie made me feel that way, not just one scene.  Although, the sudden glimpse of Jack frozen at the end of the movie in the maze made me jump first time I saw it; that expression and just the way Kubrick pulled it off made it good.

Some also consider the ending scene of the basic training part of "Full Metal Jacket" to be scary.  The look on Private Pyle's face when he says "I am...in a world of shit" just freaked me out.  Again, it was another one of those "imagine if this happened to you" moments like "The Shining".

Sometimes I amaze at how people can say Quentin Terentino (spelling?) is better than Stanley Kubrick..so, he made "Kill Bill".  They sucked.  Screw Quentin.  Hail Kubrick!

Kevhug.gif
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:29:09 PM EDT
[#11]
YES.

The part of The Ring where they pull open the closet door to reveal her face is something I refuse to ever watch again.  I've seen the movie a couple times, but I alwyas cover my eyes at that part.  Gave me nightmares.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:36:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I wish a movie scene would scare me!!!

I can't disconnect from reality enough to have a physical reaction to what is happening on the screen.

I sometimes envy people for the adreneline rush they must get when a movie frightens them.

I wanted to take "The Ring" and watch it at night, on a laptop, while sitting next to an old well that I know of in the wood of PA.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:38:58 PM EDT
[#13]
"28 Days Later"....a good flick about a virus that turns people into flesh eating zombies...plus there is some good british army vs. zombie action
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#14]
The scene in Poltergeist 2, when Craig T Nelson vomits up that tequila worm and it crawls under the bed. Then starts to grow into that blob-like crab thing and runs out of the room.  Freaky.

and....

The Last House On the Left.......the whole movie..........very sick.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:54:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Crying game .
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:59:14 PM EDT
[#16]
The original Night of the Living Dead. Saw it when I was 8 or 9 . Scared the crap outta me.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#17]
The scene in Carpenter's "The Thing" where the guy seems to be having a heart attack and the doc tries to defribulate him, then the guy's chest opens up into a mouth and bites off the doc's arms.

The scene in Exorcist III where the possessed old lady is crawling on the ceiling like a cockroach.  Also, same movie, when the killer comes after the nurse in the dim corridor with the big shears.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#18]
When that bitch came out of the TV in "The Ring" it was chilling.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:21:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Pumpkinhead - There is a shot where the camera follows a girl through the kitchen on a cabin.  As the camera pans across the window, Pumpkinhead moves past the window.  Very subtle, and very effective.  It made my heart jump into my throat.

+1 on Last House on the Left.  That movie makes you feel like you need to take a shower.

Kirk
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:24:38 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
YES.

The part of The Ring where they pull open the closet door to reveal her face is something I refuse to ever watch again.  I've seen the movie a couple times, but I alwyas cover my eyes at that part.  Gave me nightmares.

They did some really cool editing work on that flick - just a few frames of some cgi or makeup effects. Most barely long enough to see, but in context, really creepy.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:26:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
The scene in Exorcist III where the possessed old lady is crawling on the ceiling like a cockroach.  Also, same movie, when the killer comes after the nurse in the dim corridor with the big shears.

I was thinking that same scene. Really short, unexpected, and scary as hell. You don't even see the attack.

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:47:59 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
When that bitch came out of the TV in "The Ring" it was chilling.

She be a skanky ho too....

LOL... --RR
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 6:54:28 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Almost any part of the new "Texas Chainsaw Massacre". That was an absolutely awesome horror movie.

... I agree, a buddy and mine took a couple girls to the drive in when this movie came out. We were planning on some grabass and stankfang.

... For some reason no one had an idea it was gonna be that scary. Freaked everyone out bigtime. No nookie was given or taken in the car that night.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:00:32 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... I agree, a buddy and mine took a couple girls to the drive in when this movie came out. We were planning on some grabass and stankfang.

... For some reason no one had an idea it was gonna be that scary. Freaked everyone out bigtime. No nookie was given or taken in the car that night.

That's funny, the first time I saw that movie was at a drive in too.... we won't mention the year...lol
--RR
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:07:48 PM EDT
[#25]
In the movie The Amityville Horror in the part where the mother wakes up and finds her husband standing over the bloody body of their child holding an axe.  He then turns around and does an overhand swing right down on her head and suddenly she wakes up.  It was over 10 years before I would sleep with my back to the door after that.

In the movie Poltergeist when one of the guys from the monitoring team goes into the kitchen to grab a bight to eat.  First the steak start crawling across the counter, then it starts spewing "innards".  He drops the chicken leg in his mouth and it's covered in maggots.  He runs to the sink to puke and starts picking at his face then pulling pieces off and then start ripping chunks off.  I almost puked myself at that.

LL
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:41:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Not that I was scared, mind you.......but the scene that made me jump the most was in 28 days later when the Zombie jumped through the kitchen window at the one guys parents house.

The other scene that I thought was pretty freaky was in the DOTD remake when the little girl is hunched over in the hallway at the beginning of the movie.

edit: fixed spelling errors.... must have been scared when I was typing.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:46:54 PM EDT
[#27]
last one that made me jump was today.watching  taking lives when Angelina Jolie was laying on the bed in the basement and all of the sudden he comes thru the matteress.made me jump.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:58:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Another vote for The Ring.  If  you haven't seen it check it out.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:05:58 PM EDT
[#29]
I've wnadered through life with the general idea that most anything can be killed with the liberal application of lead.  That being said movies do not scare me (wait for it).  I know that their are not supernatural critters out to kill "cool kids out camping" lik in Jason.  They have allways made me laugh as I can reason away the fear.  Let's just see the actor playing Jason stand up 20-30 rounds of 5.56 in the chest cavity.

However, the end of the first haloween where the shring emtys the Smith stainless model 66 in to the bad-guy.  That scene give me nightmares. No shit 34 years onld and I have dreams about me shooting stuff that does not stay dead and comes after me with knitting needles and crap like that.  I think it is because I have the same gun.

ETA: Some movies startle me, a momentary thing, different from being scared.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:32:10 PM EDT
[#30]
My kids think I'm nuts for this, but the only movie scene that has ever really BOTHERED me (to the point that I leave the room when it comes on) is near the end of Saving Private Ryan.........the scene where the German soldier kills one of the American's with a bayonet after a hand-to-hand fight.  The desperation of the American and the German saying "Sssshhhh" as he slooooowly inserts the bayonet..............

UGH.  

Just typing it gave me goose bumps.  I really don't understand why.

Len in PHoenix

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top