Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2017 1:12:09 AM EDT
It says I can do this on the instructions page. [email protected] Does anyone do this?

Whom do I attention it to?   I'm honestly a little flabbergasted that this is even a thing.   Email?   Holy crap, we're gettin' high tech in this mofo.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 2:02:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Funny you bring this up. I'm somewhat dealing with this now. Moved from Florida to Ohio due to family matters (Good decision by the way!) and sent TWO 5320-20 forms in for a permanent move. In all the confusion of the move I didn't realize no copies were sent back approved. Called and got thru to "Terry" the "Legal Instruments Examiner" who had indeed signed off on mine and he immediately offered to scan them and email them to me. A little later ONE of them showed up in my email. Five calls, two voicemails left, and two emails later I still only have half of my forms. Sigh. So it can be done, just make sure you have everything in hand before you go.

TLDR- 5320-20's can be emailed but seems the folks up there are still eyeball deep in work and are hard to reach.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 10:08:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I've gotten faxed ones back before too.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I've read you could, but I just mail them. Normal NFA wait time don't seem to apply, I usually get it back within 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 10:48:55 AM EDT
[#4]
How did you email it in?  Print out a hard copy, ink sign, and then scan into PDF format?
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've read you could, but I just mail them. Normal NFA wait time don't seem to apply, I usually get it back within 3 weeks.
View Quote

I got mine back quickly as well.  Started a thread here giving the ATF kudos for turning them around so fast and got hammered by the membership.  

Edit:  I sent in paper copy originals via snail mail.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How did you email it in?  Print out a hard copy, ink sign, and then scan into PDF format?
View Quote
Yep. Mine took just over a month to get back. They snail mail you the return.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:06:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I emailed mine in and got the response in the mail a few weeks after that.  Seems like the email to fax deal works fine.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:48:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Yep. Mine took just over a month to get back. They snail mail you the return.
View Quote

That didn't save as much time as I would have hoped. I snail mailed one in in early December and it took about a month to get signed, then almost a week in the mail for the return...so 5 weeks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top