Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 7:41:14 AM EDT
Some "insurgent" got dusted off of a rooftop by a Barrett. Through my Bradley thermals it was pretty gruesome looking. The 10th mountain sniper plugged him at a good 1200 meters. Just thought you guys would enjoy that.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:42:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope there are many more to follow.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:44:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:44:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I bet he did not even have time to realize it was a trap.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:45:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:45:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Good shootin!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:46:10 AM EDT
[#6]
One shit bag down,and the whole Middle East to go.

Get' Sum!!!

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:47:44 AM EDT
[#7]
this thread is worthless without pics...LOL, not realy, thanks for sharing that!

Watch your azz and come home safe-and kick some ass for us....
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:51:14 AM EDT
[#9]
1200 meters.

Nice shooting.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:52:34 AM EDT
[#10]
I've tried taking pics though the thermals several times, because that stuff is an every day occurance here in Sadr City. They just dont come out right. Plus, the Army sort of frowns on that stuff. Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:54:09 AM EDT
[#11]
very cool! stay safe geez!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:55:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:59:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Stay safe.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:00:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Can you hook a camera up to your thermal? That'd be some 'killer" footage.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:03:30 AM EDT
[#15]
too bad you didn't light him up with your 25mm gun...but I'll take it
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:08:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Cool

Thanks for your service!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:18:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:27:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
1200 meters.

Nice shooting.

Indeed.

Thanks for reporting!

Had to add this for the comment from wedge1082
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:28:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Do it with a .308 then I'll be impressed.  I'm not much on sniping shitheads with a .50.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:30:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:59:54 AM EDT
[#21]
hoooowaaaa!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:04:02 AM EDT
[#22]
AWSOME!

Be safe!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:05:27 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Do it with a .308 then I'll be impressed.  I'm not much on sniping shitheads with a .50.

I don't give a shit if he gets sniped with a M198.  I'm just glad he got the motherfucker.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:13:14 AM EDT
[#24]
May be inappropriate, but my thought was:  Now you're going to have to go kill his whole family, too.  Sure as hell they'll be out for blood when they see the gruesome mess that was their loved one.  Good luck over there, I guess.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:14:59 AM EDT
[#25]
+ 1,000,000

A-Frickin-Men

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:48:39 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
this thread is worthless without pics...LOL, not realy, thanks for sharing that!

Watch your azz and come home safe-and kick some ass for us....

Dammit- You beat me to it.

Seriously, thanks for posting it.  I'm old enough, and wise enough to know better, but I wish I could trade places with you for a month.  Reference the terrorist attack in Russia thread.... Those are the type of people you are fighting.    

Get a few, and get home safe.        - Bill
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:56:34 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Thanks man...I needed a laugh after viewing the Russian school children photos.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:59:18 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Yeah, maybe next time he'll just sneak up on the insurgent and cap him with his Baretta just to make YOU happy.  Geeeesh, some people.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:04:57 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

At 1200 meters what difference is a 4 tenths of an inch?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:10:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Any virgins left in the Sandbox?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:10:04 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
May be inappropriate, but my thought was:  Now you're going to have to go kill his whole family, too.  Sure as hell they'll be out for blood when they see the gruesome mess that was their loved one.  Good luck over there, I guess.

Yeah, I felt really bad for the nice gentleman who was trying his best to get a nice RPG shot at me. Next time I'll try to be more culturally sensative to these peace-loving people. Why don't you come over here and get aquainted with a few of them? I'm sure they'll accept you with open arms. And his family can thank me for not opening up with 25mm H.E. and silencing the whole nest. Have a nice day....I guess.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:16:42 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Well, if that's what it takes.

+1 on the I-don't-care-what-he-was-sniped-with. As long as the shitbag is sniped.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:25:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:27:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:44:04 AM EDT
[#35]

Winning the war on terror, one round at a time  
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:49:44 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I felt really bad for the nice gentleman who was trying his best to get a nice RPG shot at me. Next time I'll try to be more culturally sensative to these peace-loving people. Why don't you come over here and get aquainted with a few of them? I'm sure they'll accept you with open arms. And his family can thank me for not opening up with 25mm H.E. and silencing the whole nest. Have a nice day....I guess.

+1

There are some folks who cannot help but eat foot all day.  Doesn't bother me in the least that his family takes offense.  Besides, most of these idiots do not use their own homes to fire from.  They're not from around Sadr City, probably not Iraqi's, but Iranian and Saudi, etc.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Well then what do you think they should have done? The guy was a threat to our troops I repeat our troops.    You dont kill him, he will kill our guys you do kill him and it makes his family mad..

Which one would you chose?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:05:53 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

geezhound --> <-- theliberalarian

Rock on geezhound!  Keep doing what you are doing, most of us here appreciate your service and what you are doing over there.  God bless you!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#39]
geezhound
Rock on and thanks for the post.

Sorry for the shortbus morons

Didnt acouple of people already call you a dumbfuck today ?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:20:14 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

You know - I really do try to keep the name calling to a minimum.

But, you really are a fucking idiot.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:23:52 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:48:11 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:48:40 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Some "insurgent" got dusted off of a rooftop by a Barrett. Through my Bradley thermals it was pretty gruesome looking. The 10th mountain sniper plugged him at a good 1200 meters. Just thought you guys would enjoy that.

That would kick ass.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:59:29 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would kick ass.

Yo, necro?
been 2  rotten.com lately?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would kick ass.

Yo, necro?
been 2  rotten.com lately?

No.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:03:18 PM EDT
[#46]
That's fucking great, thats one thing I love about the thermals on the Bradley, do ya'll have the FLIR ir just the normal sight's.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:19:00 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
May be inappropriate, but my thought was: Now you're going to have to go kill his whole family, too. Sure as hell they'll be out for blood when they see the gruesome mess that was their loved one. Good luck over there, I guess.

WTF? I try not to respond when someone has an opposing view opposite mine, BUT WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. HERE IS THIS GUY OVER THERE FIGHTING FOR HIS/OUR COUNTRY TRYING NOT TO GET HIS ASS SHOT OFF AND HERE YOU ARE CRITICIZING HIM FOR BEING A PART OF TAKING DOWN THE POS THAT STARTED ALL OF THIS! ALL OUR GUYS OVER THERE NEED OUR SUPPORT!!! THEY DO NOT NEED SOMEONE BEING NEGATIVE TOWARDS THEM. iF YOU CAN'T POST SOMETHING POSITIVE FOR THESE GUY'S , DON'T POST ANYTHING AT ALL!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:21:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Nice stuff.

Stay safe mate.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top