Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/25/2005 12:25:31 PM EDT
I just listed my 9 year old Mazda in the classifieds and in order to get it ready for sale I decided to give it a nice wash/wax job. I rolled it out from the garage into my driveway. Well about half way into waxing these two black guys (I'm guessing 18-20 years old) come running (more like a jog) around the corner. A few seconds later a middle aged white woman comes running around the corner and is on her cell phone with the cops. She was close enough to where I could hear what she was saying. The two guys were now across the street from where I was and they were trying to split up and get away. One of them had a small purse thing. As I watched the woman go across the street after them I considered giving chase also. Only problem was, I was wearing flip flops, my garage was wide open, my car was unlocked, and I didn't have my contacts in. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have caught them given my current situation. I basically watched this little chase go down to the next block but then I couldn't see much after that (no contacts in). I just shrugged and went back to waxing. They also ran by a guy with a leaf blower about halfway down the next block and I saw him just turn around and continue his job (he was a gardner not the homeowner.) Anyway that was my only excitement of the day. I fealt kind of bad for not helping but really there was nothing I could have done. I have no idea if the cops ever came and caught the two guys. well thats all, just fealt like sharing, cary on.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:30:02 PM EDT
You were in no condition to do anything.Besides,if she was not in immediate danger it would be wise to stay back offer her assistance and wait for the cops.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:32:20 PM EDT
That's okay. I was driving down a country road and saw some old Red Fox-looking dood having a seizure on the side of the road in the 95 degree heat. There was a car in front of me that just kept on driving. I stopped and jumped-out and stayed with him while I called 911. Several other motorists also stopped and stayed with us. The guy was a transient, but a human being is still a human being and it seems crazy that someone would drive by a guy obviously in distress without even stopping.

You're situation was understandable though. Dunno if I'd have chosen to pursue either.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:34:10 PM EDT
Thats a crime in some cities, you can go to jail even. As long as you don't video tape it and make fun of her being fat, that could get your whole series cancelled.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:34:56 PM EDT
Be prepared to give a description and statement to the cops. Also, if you have a dog, put it inside when you talk to the cops.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:36:04 PM EDT
HONOR APATHY
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:40:06 PM EDT
you did good.
next time try to memorize what they looked like.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:43:22 PM EDT
You went to a carwash without your CCW?!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:43:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MrClean4Hire:
Thats a crime in some cities, you can go to jail even. As long as you don't video tape it and make fun of her being fat, that could get your whole series cancelled.

actually, she was quite a porker. After the anger of seeing it go down subsided part of me chuckled at her fat ass running after them.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:45:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By 1Andy2:
You went to a carwash without your CCW?!

I was in my driveway waring flip flops (no, I'm not a hippy), gym shorts, and an undershirt. figured I could go wash my car without a gun (don't wanna get it wet), plus I was wearing gym shorts. Even if I did have a weapon there is no way I would have even brandished it at fleeing criminals who didn't even attack me.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:49:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/25/2005 12:50:14 PM EDT by Dolomite]

Originally Posted By DocBrooks:
I just listed my 9 year old Mazda in the classifieds and in order to get it ready for sale I decided to give it a nice wash/wax job. I rolled it out from the garage into my driveway.

Hmmm... Yes, I like where this is going...

Well about half way into waxing these two black guys (I'm guessing 18-20 years old) come running (more like a jog) around the corner.

Wha? We skip right over the part where a Glock 30 carried mexican style is introduced? No Draw Down®?

Oh well, I'll give the story 2 and a half stars.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:52:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dolomite:

I just listed my 9 year old Mazda in the classifieds and in order to get it ready for sale I decided to give it a nice wash/wax job. I rolled it out from the garage into my driveway.

Well about half way into waxing these two black guys (I'm guessing 18-20 years old) come running (more like a jog) around the corner.

Wha? We skip right over the part where a Glock 30 carried mexican style is introduced? No Draw Down®?

with Birdman sights of course.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:54:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Dolomite:

The car-wash story is like mana for you isn't it? I think it helps sustain your being somehow.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:56:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MrClean4Hire:

actually, she was quite a porker. After the anger of seeing it go down subsided part of me chuckled at her fat ass running after them.

thats funny
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:05:22 PM EDT

Even if I did have a weapon there is no way I would have even brandished it at fleeing criminals who didn't even attack me.

Lame. Draw down first, ask questions later.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:14:19 PM EDT
The lady has probably since been arrested for racially-profiling by describing the thieves as "black" men. That's a hate crime these days, you know.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:17:27 PM EDT
I think you should have grabbed your cell, jumped in your car and tried to follow / watch one of the lowlife's...
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:22:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By PointBlank:
I think you should have grabbed your cell, jumped in your car and tried to follow / watch one of the lowlife's...

well, i actually thought about that after the fact. Only thing is my cell was in my house. The only thing I had on me were my house and car keys.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:23:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Grunteled:
The car-wash story is like mana for you isn't it? I think it helps sustain your being somehow.

Just in case people don't know what story is being referred to (I always keep the link handy):

Draw Down® Mana
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:30:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By bwyatt:
You were in no condition to do anything.Besides,if she was not in immediate danger it would be wise to stay back offer her assistance and wait for the cops.

Yeah, you would have been risking a lot of your property for whatever was in her purse, and you weren't in any position to give effective chase. You'd probably lose everything you owned in a civil suit if you tried to aprehend one of them by force.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:22:07 PM EDT

Originally Posted By fizassist:

Originally Posted By bwyatt:

Yeah, you would have been risking a lot of your property for whatever was in her purse, and you weren't in any position to give effective chase. You'd probably lose everything you owned in a civil suit if you tried to aprehend one of them by force.

Agree. And she probably wouldn't have appreciated it anyways.
Top Top