Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/26/2005 9:05:33 PM EDT
A pitbull was crossing a 4 lane major highway and wham! A Mercedes SUV took it out. It didnt die but started howling on its side like there was no tomorrow. I thought the LEOs were on their way because it sounded like a siren. His legs were twitching and boy was it loud. The dude that hit it slowed down looked out and took off. I wanted to shoot it with CCW gun but I would have probably got into trouble for that. By the time traffic cleared, I could see a cruiser. So I didnt see what happened after that. I hope the cop put it out of its misery.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:11:54 PM EDT
I see dogs trying to cross the street and it really makes me nervous...I hate the idea of an animal getting hit by a car...The one time I thought I would be able to go back and try to secure the pooch I would up scaring it off.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:15:09 PM EDT
That's just cold. I feel for the animal. I really wish people would quit demonizing pitts. Good dogs, some times with really bad owners. I plan on getting a Pitt for myself.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:17:17 PM EDT
poor damn dog....
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:22:45 PM EDT
It was really sad. Regardless of how you feel about pitbulls no animal or person should suffer like that. I mean the howling was LOUD and nonstop. All its legs were twitching uncontrollably. Most likely its back was broken so it couldnt even move. If I was in the boonies I would have definitely got out and shot it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:24:26 PM EDT
Heh, that's nothing. I once ran over a squirrel.....with one tire and a cat with the other

Not me, someone else on ARFCOM.
Top Top