Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2008 2:27:21 AM EDT
while out for a run with the dog.  They some weird looking beasts!   I tried to get closer (was about 25 yds away) to look at it better but it had other plans.  Surprisingly my dog (german shepherd) didn't really care one way or the other!  That'll be good for future run-ins with them I hope.  

She does not like moose at all!  I ran up on a cow and her baby, about 30 ft from me off the road.  Not gonna lie, I was a little anxious until I could get on the other side of the road and near some buildings!  

And no I didn't pet it!

Anybody got any good stories regarding porcupines?
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 2:32:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump for dog/porcupine stories and pics.
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 2:34:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/19/2008 2:41:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Did you pet it?
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:24:31 PM EDT
[#4]
It was a opossum.

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I hit one the other day with my car. Went around a slight bend and I was going this way | and he was coming off the side of the road into my lane going this way \. I swerved but still met his head with a tire.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:26:32 PM EDT
[#6]
The last time I saw one was in Alaska.  He didn't like me following him around too much.  Neat little critter.  

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 7:31:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Was 4 wheeling in the Jeep many years ago.  Saw something up ahead and was like WTF.  My buddy was like, "It's a porcupine."  We jumped out and chased the little dude.  Pretty fast it was.  I actually took a picture, my buddy was trying to "herd" it back, his leg and boot were in the picture.

Funny little critters, though.  That was a cool day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top