Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
4/1/2020 4:14:10 PM
4/1/2020 6:58:51 AM
Posted: 9/16/2009 11:15:38 AM EDT
Just finishing up with a divorce that has erased my plans for putting my daughter through college (she's 8). With 20% of my gross income now going to child support, are there any alternatives to setting up some sort of education savings ?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 12:17:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/16/2009 12:18:42 PM EDT by mtnshooter]
Good question.  I'm hoping I can become independently wealthy so my Daughter can avoid the College Brainwashing camps.

Just went through 5 years of it.  At 30 years old I was able to avoid the B.S. but these young kids, especially girls, really swallow up that hardcore Liberalism.

Sorry for going off topic...

On the other hand...  If she waits to go to College until 23 years old she will be considered Independent and if she's not working she can get Grants that will pay almost all her tuition if she's in a state school.  State schools in Idaho run $5k a year.  Grants are $5k.  Just some ideas.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:30:11 AM EDT
I've looked at education IRAs and 529s. But I think I'll just invest in my name and give the gift when college comes.
Top Top