Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/22/2001 10:59:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 11:13:07 PM EDT
[#1]
this if true may put the navy and it's carriers in the lead role.
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 11:13:25 PM EDT
[#2]
can O worms

saudis want to support osama cuz hes muslim and saudi, one of there own

WW3-- western world VS hard line muslims
Link Posted: 9/22/2001 11:28:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't worry, we'll knock that place over like a 7-11.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 1:38:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow, looks like we'll have a couple more targets to add to the list.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 2:30:54 AM EDT
[#5]
If WND isn't just farting out its usual brilliant anal-yses, then this is a real tragedy.  The Saudis have been good, loyal allies for a long time.

A lot of you guys seem to love to tar all Arabs with the same brush -- "all them **** look alike" to you.  Keep it up and pretty soon the U.S. will have no friends at all, and will end up as a smoking hole in the ground.  Personally, I'd prefer [red]not[/red] to get dragged down because of assholes like you.

Please e-mail me: [email][email protected][/email]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 2:51:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Our only "friend" in the Middle East is Israel. The Saudis are simply people we have to tolerate because we need their oil, while they tolerate us because they need our money. Hardly loyal allies. If their ass wasn't on the line during the Gulf War, they'd have told us to go to hell. Furthermore, the very ideals and values we hold dear such as freedom of religion and speech, they despise. To call these people loyal allies does an injustice to our true allies, nations such as Great Britain and Australia.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 4:27:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 4:36:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Our only "friend" in the Middle East is Israel. The Saudis are simply people we have to tolerate because we need their oil, while they tolerate us because they need our money.
View Quote

They also like those cool toys that we sell them, like the Phalanx weapon system.  Of course, that is where we always seem to get bit in the ass, eventually.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 4:59:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Striker,no question about Canadas support.Canada has always been such a close member of the family that you're considered one of us.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 5:03:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 5:19:30 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Keep it up and pretty soon the U.S. will have no friends at all, and will end up as a smoking hole in the ground.  
View Quote

I don't think so. We have an all important friend in the region, Israel. There's a passage in Scripture that says of Israel I will bless those that bless you and curse those that curse you (paraphrasing). I don't see the pagans winning this war, but it could be a long fight.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 5:22:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 5:33:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If WND isn't just farting out its usual brilliant anal-yses, then this is a real tragedy.  The Saudis have been good, loyal allies for a long time.

A lot of you guys seem to love to tar all Arabs with the same brush -- "all them **** look alike" to you.  Keep it up and pretty soon the U.S. will have no friends at all, and will end up as a smoking hole in the ground.  Personally, I'd prefer [red]not[/red] to get dragged down because of assholes like you.

Please e-mail me: [email][email protected][/email]
View Quote

Like President Bush said the other day, "either you are with us or you are with the terrorists".

If the Saudis will not stand with us then they stand against us. They become simply one more group of enemy Arabs, not by our 'discrimination against Arabs' but BY THEIR OWN ACTIONS.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 6:06:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Has this info been confirmed by anyone else? Their source, Debka has had erroneous information before.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 6:07:04 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ehhmm..and Canada.[;)]
View Quote

That goes without saying!
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 6:10:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 6:33:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Like President Bush said the other day, "either you are with us or you are with the terrorists".

If the Saudis will not stand with us then they stand against us. They become simply one more group of enemy Arabs, not by our 'discrimination against Arabs' but BY THEIR OWN ACTIONS.
View Quote

Careful now, someone might label you a racist.

We must love all peoples, even ones who have shown a particular affinity to blowing themselves up and taking as many "infidels" as they can with them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 6:50:03 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't think I would put 100% on what the "press" says.  This could easily be a story to mislead other governments in the region (to avoid muslim retaliation), while we get Saudi assistance on a more secretive level.  Black ops and misleading information go hand in hand; this could easily be the case here.  

I'm not saying it's not true, but I am saying that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense since King Fahd is #2 on bin ladins' hit list after the USA.  He (King) has much to gain from the death of bin ladin; it doesn't make sense that he wouldn't take advantage of the US fervor and military might to take him down; it does make sense that the US and SA would lie about it to mitigate repercussions against SA.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 6:58:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 7:17:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I've seen another article on AP World, that confirms that Saudi isn't going to let us use the base to launch attacks against Afghanistan, but I'm still searching for another source on King Fahd fleeing and the dispute between the Royal Family.

I figure if it shows up anywhere, it'll be on the Drudge Report---and then it's more or less confirmed!
View Quote

There is an article on Drudge right now, but it makes no mention of the Royal family's dispute. It indicates that they won't allow us to use their bases because we've targeted other Arab countries and they want more of a say in it.

Here's a direct link to the article shown on Drudge. Note that it is not a Drudge article though....

[url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/htx/ap/20010923/wl/attacks_saudi_2.html[/url]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 8:11:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 8:28:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
FoxNewsChannel is reporting that the Saudis are denying us use of their airspace.  That fixes it for me.

I'm going to say this once, to make it extremely clear:  I support anyone who renounces terrorism and supports us, no matter what color, religion, or nationality.  I will oppose those that oppose our effort to defend our country, even if they are American, like Barbara Lee or those bastards protesting against our country (not the government) at our universities.  I will fight to the death for someone's right to disagree with me on most things, but giving aid and comfort to the enemy is treason.

Semper Fi!

Ken Little

View Quote

Ditto!  Well said.

Link Posted: 9/23/2001 8:39:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 8:50:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 9:05:06 AM EDT
[#25]
71-Hour_Achmed, not a time to be insensitive to Americans concerns. And yes all Arabs are all look alike to me, that is where the paranoia is coming from. I being a proud American don't like being call names because you think as Americans, we have special abilities that allow us to examine the content of each Arab soul on sight. Maybe the aluminum turbans time has come. Before your feelings my families safety along with Arab Americans families safety will ALWAYS come first. God Bless America, my home, sweet home.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 11:10:04 AM EDT
[#26]
The State Dept.does'nt seem very conserned about it,so it may just be mis-information.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 11:51:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Wait till we start bombing and sending land forces into these 2-bit countries, if you want to see some waffling Arab "friends".

This is going to be SOME shit. If we don't scare the Hell out of these dickweeds we are in big trouble for a long time..

Link Posted: 9/23/2001 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Dubyah said "if you aren't with us, then you are against us". Switzerland has continually chosen never to support actions against tyranny. Since they again do not condemn the terrorist acts in NYC and offer assistance, they are the enemy. Now they may be harboring a fugitive. They definitely are AGAINST the U.S.

It is time to turn Switzerland into a glass parking lot.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 12:47:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 12:50:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just heard on the radio that Colin Powell is denying this story.  

Anyone else hear this  ?
View Quote

I saw the Powell give the same statement. However, the fact that Saudi won't allow us to use their air space has me confused. Something is strange here.
View Quote

I watched Colin Powell answer Tim Russert's questions this am on "Meet the Press". He definately dodged the question. He said the Saudis, so far, have agreed to everything we have directly asked them to do. He would not answer what we have asked/not asked of the Saudis.

So while I don't take this as a statement that the Saudi's said no, it seems to be up in the air if you ask me. This was before noon, perhaps there is later news?
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#33]
They weren't illiterate and some of them got flight training from the U.S. military.

Throwing around baseless insults sure will get people to want to fight for you. NOT.
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 3:55:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
They weren't illiterate and some of them got flight training from the U.S. military.

Throwing around baseless insults sure will get people to want to fight for you. NOT.
View Quote

What he said!
Link Posted: 9/23/2001 5:53:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Last I heard the Saudis agreed to let us use that new command post. This was reported on Fox.

It's very likely Switzerland will have to take a look at their banking system. If it turns out a lot of those funds were diverted to Swiss accounts, I believe their watch sales will take a major dive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top