Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 5:19:57 PM EDT
Anyone actually have this? is it worth $13 a month?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:22:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:25:41 PM EDT
[#2]
can it be moved from vehicle to vehicle? I would like to put it in my vehicle and move it back and forth to my work vehicle....I understand that they play through your car stereo on an unused FM channel right? is there much wiring to do?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I got SIRIUS a month ago and love it. You should get 2 car kits and one receiver so you can move it between cars. Its $13 a month and if you want to add another radio its like an extra $6. The comedy channels and news are good too. Lots of good rock stations.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:51:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:51:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Sirius is the only way to fly.

As for moving it- it can be done, but as said before, invest in a seperate car kit to make it easier to move.  you can put the receiver in any vehicle you choose. the subscription is linked to the receiver, not the car
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:55:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
can it be moved from vehicle to vehicle? I would like to put it in my vehicle and move it back and forth to my work vehicle....I understand that they play through your car stereo on an unused FM channel right? is there much wiring to do?

xm now has truly portable units - can be taken from car to house and used wherever you go like a walkman

http://www.xmradio.com/myfi/

Compusa has a unit like that for $100 after rebates this week.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:58:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Never thought I'd pay for radio , till I got it free for a while in a chevy I purchased ,  I like my XM
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:01:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I've got XM.....Love it. I travel a lot and not having stations fade in and out is great. Opey and Anthony are friggin hilarious! Hoo Hoo RAAAAbin!   Tell em Fred!

All I have is an extra antenna ($20) for going from work vehicle to my truck. That is the only slight pain due to routing the wire so it isn't in the passengers way but definately not that big of a deal. other than that.....power through cig lighter plug and tune to 88.3 or other freq and your set.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:02:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I use XM's Roadie with their FM modulator.  I have an antenna on my pickup, my car, my Western Star and my house.  I just take the one unit with me everywhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top