Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 11:00:35 AM EDT
[rant]
I got a card in the mail from them that I failed to provide a valid orgininal receipt for my $50 mail-in rebate.  They ask that I provide it by October 9.  But here is the problem: I included the ORIGINAL receipt as they required.  They will not accept copies, of course, so the original that was stapled to it was obviously either lost by them, or one of their employees stole it to give a rebate to their friends, family, etc.

I fucking hate rebates.  They are always a pain in the ass and they have the ability to pretend you never sent it, it passed the deadline, the receipt or barcode were missing, etc.
[/rant]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:10:32 AM EDT
[#1]
They are simply a scam.  The state AG's office announced they were looking into complaints about them, so I mailed a package that had a copy of 42 of the rebates I had mailed in for work.  Of the 42, we received zero back.  I sent in 30 or so without receiving a single refund before I started keeping copies of everything.  I still haven't talked to someone in person that has ever received a mail-in rebate.

A relative of mine works for Best Buy, and he said they have a tenative plan to stop using mail-in rebates.  His store called 50 people who had bought computers that had large rebates, and not a one had received the rebate.  The Best Buy managers are pushing hard to end that particular scam.  They're tired of dealing with complaints from customers.z
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:15:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I have gotten all but 2 out of maybe 25 sent in... but I am careful as to who I buy from when it comes to rebates.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:21:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I like the Staples Easy rebates. It is done on line and you get regular ststus reports. It takes about 5 min to do.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Same here. They said I didn't send the reciept.

I kept copies but it just wasn't worth the time and trouble. (mine was only a $15 rebate)  I'm suprised someone hasn't filed a class action lawsuit against them.

About six months ago my credit card company sent me a nasty letter because I didn't pay my bill.  I payed their stupid fee and $25 at the bank to stop payment on the check. Then, about two months ago I get my "lost" check from the Credit card company saying they can't cash it because they can't figure out what account it is supposed to go to.  I had only put the last four digits on the "for" line of the check, like I always do.  The funny part is someone from the credit card company had hand written my account number at the top of the check and it was printed on the letter that they sent with the check.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top